Thursday, January 17, 2008

yumminess

i was just taking inventory on my candles. back when i lived in Connecticut, now would be the time Dad & i would make our seasonal trek to the flagship store in Deerfield to stock up on candles for the coming season. i have my typical Spring Yankee Candle scents:
Clean Cotton.
Lilac Blossoms.
and (sadly) my last remaining votives of the now discontinued Lavender Fields and Spring Showers.
seems all my favorite Spring scents have slowly disappeared. Storm Watch. Mountain Lake. Morning Mist. all tucked into the archives. =(

i have a hard time finding scents i like for Spring. i like clean fresh scents and of course vanilla (that's a year round staple here in the land of Dawn and the fruity scents get their turn in Summer.) but i don't like anything too flowery. really powerful floral scents give me a headache. since i am down to exactly seven votives for Spring, which is not enough for a full season, i guess it's time to hit up my local store to go candle smelling -- it's been a while since i needed new Spring scents & there are only a few i am really familiar with enough that i would buy without sniffing first. so i popped over to the website to see what's there & now i've got my eye on the following "standard scents" (translation: those that are available all the time):
Spring Bouquet (which is boasts orange blossoms -- *love* orange blossoms! -- among other flowers but i am thinking this one may be a bit *too* floral for my nose.)
Midnight Cove.
Shortbread Cookie.
Lemon Lavender.
Cottage Breeze.
Country Linen.

they also just happened to have their special limited edition Spring scents up on the site & i do believe i will need to check out:
Water Garden

and Berry Jam (though if this one makes the cut, it will be tucked aside for Summer, but it sounds way too yummy to pass up)


i may not get four distinct seasons, living in Florida, but at least i can make the seasons change inside my home. =)

10 with their own thoughts:

Scott Friday, January 18, 2008 10:52:00 AM  

I'm secure enough in my manhood to admit that I've been to that shop in Deerfield. I like to sniff every candle, as you can imagine I was there for quite a while! I did have to start skipping some just so I could get done before they kicked me out.

Lilac is my favorite smell in the whole world, I wish I had that candle.

~**Dawn**~ Friday, January 18, 2008 11:08:00 AM  

Scott: Next to Disney World & Fenway Park, the big Yankee Candle is one of my favorite places on earth. I could seriously spend the whole day there, walking room to room. The room with the rows upon rows of unwrapped votives was bliss. There is just nothing like an "egg carton" full of new candles. You need to get yourself on over to the website & get yourself some Lilac Blossoms. Nothing makes me feel more content than a little glowing candle smelling yummy on the table next to me. =)

Anonymous,  Friday, January 18, 2008 11:46:00 AM  

I've smelled Water Garden. It rocks. It's on *my* list for spring. I had shortbread cookie burning in my bathroom... were you around? That one is really good, too. Cottage breeze is also on my list.

Lovebug6100 Friday, January 18, 2008 11:48:00 AM  

I love the Yankee Candle Flagship store...just so many selections...I wanted to thank you for your kind and encouraging comments!! It means a lot to have support!

Janet Friday, January 18, 2008 12:56:00 PM  

Hey, is that rotating thing at the top your wish list? Cause I have that "Life is Good" snowflake mug and I LOVE it!

Our tastes in Yankee Candles are quite different! Maybe I should send you the gift ones I've got that are floral or fruity :-)

~**Dawn**~ Friday, January 18, 2008 1:50:00 PM  

Nichole: Yep, I was there for Shortbread Cookie. That's why it's on my list. ;-) Yum.

Lovebug: =) I don't think we take enough time to encourage one another. I don't know why. All it takes is a moment & a few sincere words.

Janet: It's because I saw the photo of your snowflake mug that it ended up on my wish list! =) Fruity candles are welcome. Floral ones you may keep. LOL! Or you could take the whole armload over to your local Yankee Candle & ask to exchange. ;-)

Ted D Friday, January 18, 2008 7:43:00 PM  

Dawn, I'm sad to say I know NOTHING about candles, except it's fun to take the wax and let it stick to your finger. Besides, around here we sort of discourage real fires of any kind. It helps me sleep at night; maybe in 10 years.

Ingrid Friday, January 18, 2008 11:18:00 PM  

I am completely with you i=on the strong florals. Can't handle it. They just discontinued a really light, clean scent called lotus blossom. I was so sad.

You would be shocked a the scents they have in the flagship store! They haven't even hit shelves yet and some of them are downright wierd.

Sage and Citrus is my all time fave. It's even in my car. Love it!

gail@more than a song Saturday, January 19, 2008 11:47:00 AM  

Well I love yankee candles! But when I go, I can only sniff a few before they all start running together for me....berry jam sounds nice. I need to hurry up and burn all my "winter" scents so I can get something new.

~**Dawn**~ Monday, January 21, 2008 9:36:00 AM  

Ted: Yes, candles would perhaps be inviting danger into your home. At least for the next several years.

Ingrid: They've always had a few really bizarre candles. What upsets me more than that are the scents that sound like they should smell good & then you sniff... and YUCK.

Gail: At the flagship store, they have strategically placed small jars of coffee beans so that you can "cleanse your semse of smell"!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP