Wednesday, January 30, 2008

today's random Red Sox off-season coping strategy quote: January 30, 2007

Rookie second baseman Dustin Pedroia, with a three-run home run and an infield hit, is 8 for his last 13. On May 1, he was batting .172. He's up to .254, which should quiet, at least temporarily, the critics who already had decided Pedroia was overmatched here.
"Power food," closer Jonathan Papelbon yelled out while Pedroia was surrounded by reporters.
"Ask him about the power food." Said Pedroia with a smile, "I'm drinking those shakes J.D. [Drew] drinks."
What about Papelbon's shakes? "I don't know what he drinks," Pedroia said, "and I don't want to know."

(Extra Bases)

4 with their own thoughts:

JMP Thursday, January 31, 2008 8:06:00 AM  

" WERE THE TINY FLEA, FOR IT WILL RENDER THE MIGHTY EMPIRE "

I remember that line some somewhere.
Seems to fit the Mighty Mite.
He is a ball of fire!
Glad he's on our side!!!

Ted D Thursday, January 31, 2008 8:20:00 AM  

LOL on what Pap drinks. I'm not sure I want to know, either.

Nichole M Thursday, January 31, 2008 5:33:00 PM  

How perfect. In about five lines, three Red Sox players have been summed up perfectly.

I WANT BASEBALL!!!!

~**Dawn**~ Friday, February 01, 2008 10:59:00 AM  

JMP: That may be the most appropriate quote I've ever heard! Can you believe there was a time we maybe had our doubts about him??

Ted: I am thinking I don't want to know what Timlin partakes of either.

Nichole: I WANT MY MONEEEEEY!!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP