Thursday, January 3, 2008

Random Thoughts: January 3, 2007

** yesterday's 39* was charming. nice & brisk. made it feel like Winter. this morning, 26* on the thermometer & a windchill of 17*? that's taking it too far. i realize that many of you have it colder. i am not saying this is extreme cold by any means. i grew up in Connecticut, spent 25 years there in fact. i know how bitterly cold it can get. my point is: it is *supposed* to be that cold in the Winter there. here? not so much.

** FYI: there is no longer a Disney-MGM Studios. it is now known as:

for now. rumor has it we are in for another name change before all is said & done. which is why Michelle & i have just resorted to calling it The Park With The Hat.

** the little Troll has struck again. here we are, January 3, and i already want to kill him in 2008. i was chatting with Daniel about it over email. if you use or are familiar with Gmail, you know that they put little ads in the sidebar of each conversation pertaining to what it thinks you are talking about. Daniel just pointed out to me that the following ad was at the top of our list:
The AntiChrist: Free Book
Discover What John's Disciples Knew About His Book of Revelation
VoiceOfElijah.org/Daniel

i about just peed my pants laughing at that one.

** this photo on the FOX Sports baseball page totally cracked me up. i know that it was photo-shopped, but doesn't it look like Cheerio Mouth is terrorizing Captain Intangibles? ::snort::


** i really need one of these for my apartment. the problem is, i don't want to put holes in my walls & eventually lose the security deposit. but i still wish i had something like this though.


** what a fantastic idea the Doorganizer is, huh??

as my grandparents would have said: someone was using the ol' bean.

** do you know what i spent a good portion of yesterday doing? making sure all my photos were uploaded (a third form of back up for my photos, after saving them on an external drive & having them burned to cd) & all the albums organized properly in my Picasa Web Albums. yes, i am that big of a nerd that this makes me exceedingly happy.

** just a little sunshine for Colleen who lives in Seattle. ;-) and for the other Colleen too, who also happens to live in Seattle.

17 with their own thoughts:

Anonymous,  Thursday, January 03, 2008 2:18:00 PM  

Brrrrr! Yeah I'd find that MUCHO strange...to be that cold in FLorida. I woke up to seven degrees this morning...even in CT where it is expected though, it sucks. LOL It was so painfully cold that breathing air into my lungs felt like sucking in sharp, pointy icicles!

Mega Thursday, January 03, 2008 3:51:00 PM  

The army of Colleen's is multiplying in Seattle. I should wear armor when I go there later this year for business.

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, January 03, 2008 3:58:00 PM  

April: We have higher humidity in Florida, so 27 here actually feels colder than 27 in Connecticut. This was the first morning I have ever felt that very same feeling since moving to Florida. Like when you breathe in, your nose, throat & lungs feel like they are constricting.

Chele: Isn't it though? =)

Mega: Maybe you will get turned into one while you are there! =O

Anonymous,  Thursday, January 03, 2008 4:29:00 PM  

You don't need to put holes in your wall to hang the organizer you crave! You only need to use Billy Mays "Miracle Putty"! ;-)

Janet Thursday, January 03, 2008 4:49:00 PM  

those things in gmail always crack me up!

love both organizers!

Ted D Thursday, January 03, 2008 6:12:00 PM  

Dawn, that offer I made awhile back about whacking the trolls knees for you?

It still stands. :)

*krystyn* Thursday, January 03, 2008 6:16:00 PM  

Wow! This post of yours was filled with TONS of information - more so than usual..thank you! I was unaware of the MGM Disney name change thing...interesting.

I can't believe your apt says if you hang anything up you lose your security deposit!! I've lived in at least 4 different apt complexes and none have said/done that to me and I ALWAYS hang stuff up.

The door hanger thing is cool and I totally did not know that about Gmail ads...I will have to pay more attention now.

gail@more than a song Thursday, January 03, 2008 6:21:00 PM  

Why is it so cold in Florida! I'm coming there later in the month, further south than you though and I was thinking it might be warm!

And I thought you had a house for some reason, had showed pics maybe?

colleen Thursday, January 03, 2008 7:34:00 PM  

Gorgeous sunshine shot! Thank's Dawn ;)

And I might just have to get that wall organizer....

Ingrid Thursday, January 03, 2008 8:07:00 PM  

It really gets that cold there? People must be buying sweaters in bulk right now!

I'd gladly trade you for our negative eleven wind chill ;)

I just found out I'm heading to your neck of the woods for the VERY FORST TIME this April. The weather better smarten up by then!

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, January 03, 2008 10:27:00 PM  

Daniel: What do I get if I call in the next eight minutes? ;-)

Janet: We get a good laugh out of the Gmail "spying" pretty often.

Ted: Noted. Thanks. Just make sure I am there to watch.

Krystyn: Yes, occasionally, I guess I am useful! LOL!! The final name for MGM will be Disney's Hollywood. I am not sure when they will do that though. I think they are trying to phase out the actual "studio" feel first. As for hanging things, I can make small holes, like to hang a calendar or small frames, but probably not the holes that would come from the necessary hardware to hang something like that kind of organizer.

Gail: We are normally chilly in January & February but not *this* chilly! We are supposed to be back up in the 60s & 70s during the day by the end of the week, in the upper 40s & the 50s at night. That's more normal. And I did have a house... until I moved out of it in August 2006...

Colleen: Anytime! ;-) It may be cold but we have sunshine!

Ingrid: Not *this* cold. This is the coldest it's been in the almost six years I have lived in Florida. And thanks but 27 was plenty cold enough for me. If I wanted minus eleven, I would still live in Connecticut. =P I think you should be fine in April. March in Florida is *perfect* and April is nice & warm. Summer starts for us in May. =P

Colleen Friday, January 04, 2008 1:42:00 AM  

I LOVE the photo of the SKY!! It's fabulous! Oh Thank you Thank you!!

Jeanne Friday, January 04, 2008 9:13:00 AM  

That is stinkin' cold for Florida but yes we do have it downright frigid here in the northeast. 1 degree on my way in to work this morning. Get this though supposed to be near 50 on Saturday! Love the photoshop of my boy Derek! hehe

gail@more than a song Friday, January 04, 2008 12:02:00 PM  

Well I missed something somewhere along the line, moving maybe if you blogged about it! Thought I remembered pictures from a new house you showed so I thought you were in it.

It's supposed to be 60's & 70's by here this weekend and first of next week here, which of course will mean rain...ugh.

Michelle Quinno Saturday, January 05, 2008 10:40:00 PM  

Wow, cool cloud photo!

Thanks for stopping by!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP