Saturday, January 5, 2008

View From Along the Broken Road: January 5, 2008

thinking that the holidays crowds would have dispersed, i decided to go over to Epcot this morning. starting the weekend after New Years, the parks are typically pretty empty now until mid-March. apparently people took a few extra vacation days though. there were so many people! 140 minutes wait for Soarin'. 80 minute wait for test Track. even the single-rider line for Test Track, which is never more than 20 minutes long, was almost an hour. so i wandered around World Showcase for a bit enjoying the Christmas decorations one last time for this season, saw a cool mariachi band i've never seen before, rode the Gran Fiesta Tour in Mexico, and then decided to brave the 45 minute (!!!) line for Space Ship Earth. it was on soft-opening, after most of the refurb work on it was completed. it kind of bugged me to wait so long for this attraction though, having never waited more than ten minutes for it in the almost six years that i have lived here & been an Annual Passholder. my thoughts on the changes: i like most of the visual changes done to the first half of the ride, but those done to the second half really screwed with my eyes. and i really don't like the new narration. the new touch screens are kind of a cool feature, but i see people being abusive to them, causing them to malfunction or need frequent replacement. just my humble opinion. how about some photos now? you knew that was coming, didn't you? ;-)









8 with their own thoughts:

gail@more than a song Sunday, January 06, 2008 9:11:00 AM  

Here school doesn't start back until Monday so maybe others are still out too and taking vacation longer!
Nice shots! I like the one with Snow White

Debi Sunday, January 06, 2008 1:35:00 PM  

You know you put a smile on my face! I'm with Gail, I really like the Snow White photo. But I think I like the mariachi band one even more. Hopefully all those crowds will be out of there soon, and you can get back to enjoying your kingdom in peace!

Anonymous,  Sunday, January 06, 2008 5:10:00 PM  

You give so little real information about Spaceship Earth, except for the touch screens! I'm tantalized... but from 2500 miles away. So not fair. ;-)

Mega Sunday, January 06, 2008 5:37:00 PM  

As usual, excellent photos.

Janet Sunday, January 06, 2008 9:56:00 PM  

It's times like these I wished I lived in FL!

~**Dawn**~ Sunday, January 06, 2008 11:15:00 PM  

Gail: Come to think of it, I don't think school starts back here eitehr til tomorrow. I guess I just didn't think it through very clearly. =P I really like that photo too. You almost never see the Princes out with the Princesses!

Debi: I think my favorite is the last one. It's the little miniature train village that they have in Germany. And the decorated it for Christmas!

Daniel: I'm not really sure that i *can* describe it better. Some of the scenes are different. Some have more detail. Some were taken out & new ones added. It... will take some getting used to.

Mega: Thanks. =)

Janet: Because it's warm? Or just to be able to grab your camera & play at WDW? Oh, I bet you could take some *awesome* shots there. =)

Anonymous,  Tuesday, January 08, 2008 5:38:00 PM  

What does soft-opening mean?

I now declare open season on Hidden Mickeys!!! If found two in the Nemo ride on Saturday. I'm sure there are more...

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, January 08, 2008 11:30:00 PM  

Nichole: A soft opening means it's unofficial, unpredictable (because they may need to close without any notice for some work) and incomplete (but the attraction is operational).

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP