Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Random Thoughts: January 2, 2008

** i really don't want to be at work today. working only one day since December 21 has made me very lazy.

** i did not want to get out of my cozy nest of flannel sheets & soft fuzzy blanket this morning. i rarely get woken up by my alarm clock going off but i did today.

** it was 41* when i got up at 6am. now it's 39*. i ask you: what good is the freaking sun if it does not make things get warmer??

** i have spent the last hour or so looking at recipes. now i am starving. there are angry animal noises coming from my stomach. i could really go for a big plate of lasagna.

** ugh. my posture has been atrocious lately. i am feeling it in my neck & shoulders like you wouldn't believe. let's all do ourselves a favor & sit up a little straighter.

** i am so behind on my blog reading & replying to email. if you've been neglected, i apologize right now. i am trying to motivate myself. i promise.

** anyone else ready for a long Winter's nap?

11 with their own thoughts:

Debi Wednesday, January 02, 2008 12:45:00 PM  

I so get what you mean...the holidays have left me in major slug mode...I just don't want to do anything!

But I did take your advice and stopped slouching here.

Hope your 2008 is as fantastic as you are, Dawn!

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, January 02, 2008 1:58:00 PM  

Debi: LOL! Hafta start small! ;-) And thank you! I hope your 2008 is as sweet as you are! =)

Reverend Ref + Wednesday, January 02, 2008 3:12:00 PM  

I was going to comment on the need for flannel sheets in Florida . . . but then I read the next line.

It was 3 here yesterday morning, but I think it warmed up to 12 this morning, and it is currently in the mid-30's.

But the sun is out and that makes it all better.

And, of course, temperature is all relative. Low 40's or upper 30's in FL? Ick.

Janet Wednesday, January 02, 2008 3:17:00 PM  

I saw a yummy recipe for baby back ribs with sauerkraut & prunes today!

JMP Wednesday, January 02, 2008 6:18:00 PM  

Hi Dawn,
Happy New Year!!!
Bit nippy around here, eh??
I'm going to run the pool filter all night just in case of a bad freeze....Do not need any broken pipes ya know.

And the neighborhood looks a bit strange as people have dashed outside as soon as the sun started to set and started covering their shrubs with all sorts of stuff..some very interesting sheet designs out there!!!

colleen Wednesday, January 02, 2008 7:10:00 PM  

Oh Dawn, I would kill for some sunshine in ANY form. I think we folks in Seattle have had about one day in the past 3- 4 weeks. I seriously feel like I am fading from lack of sunlight :) Ahh!

And I am tired and starving also. A plate of lasagna sounds PERFECT. Too bad I am too lazy to make it or stop at the store! There's always tomorrow ;)

*krystyn* Wednesday, January 02, 2008 7:24:00 PM  

I'm so with you on the need to take a long winter's nap...zzzz.

41 is cold but it's 24 here right now and only got to 27 all day. BRRRRRRR!!

Brian in Oxford Wednesday, January 02, 2008 8:05:00 PM  

Oh man, that reminds me I gotta saute some chicken....

happy new year Dawn!

Ted D Wednesday, January 02, 2008 9:02:00 PM  

Dawn, I went back to work today for the first time since the Friday before Christmas.

It stunk as much as I thought it would.

And it's been 9 years since I took an honest to goodness nap; I wonder how many more it'll be until it's quiet. Then I'll be too sad to nap.

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, January 03, 2008 10:36:00 PM  

Rev Ref: I am not prepared to be *this* cold! I tolerate 95% humidity & sweltering summers to *not* be this cold. =P And now it was 27 this morning! The humidity in the air & the wind made it feel *much* colder than that even.

Janet: With prunes? Hmmm... That is an interesting combination.

JMP: How about *this* morning? We might as well still live in Connecticut! People don't buy their sheets planning to put them outside like up north. Makes for some fun sight-seeing though. ;-)

Colleen: Don't feel bad. I had a tuna sandwich. LOL.

Krystyn: This cold weather really needs to be banned. I mean, we don't even get the pretty snow to make it worth it! (Hmmm... maybe better not say *that* too loud. LOL!)

Brian: What else did you do to the chicken? Let me live vicariously...

Ted: Cruel & unusual punishment, no? And I don't think it's so much the noise that keeps you from napping as fear. ;-)

Lisa Carroll Monday, January 07, 2008 1:31:00 PM  

LOL @ the temp. As DH would say,

"That's crazy-wack, yo!"

LOL Yes, he is a goofball. ;)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP