Thursday, January 10, 2008

it's Band-O-Matic

or otherwise known as Things Dawn Will Steal From Other Blogs to Avoid the Paperwork On Her Desk. in this case, i have thieved from Bart.

here are the rules:

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special:Random
The first article title on the page is the name of your band.
2. http://www.quotationspage.com/random.php3
The last four words of the very last quote is the title of your album.(you might have to click new random quotes at the bottom)
3. http://www.flickr.com/explore/interesting/7days/
The third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.

You then take the pic and add your band nameand the album title to it, then post your pic.

Ok so... the latest release from Torbay, Newfoundland and Labrador is "Have Found a Truth."


ok, i really should start working on this pile before it grows. by the way? i just learned that i *hate* MS Paint. thank God for Michelle who so kindly makes all of my headers for Ye Humble Blog.

12 with their own thoughts:

Ted D Thursday, January 10, 2008 10:10:00 AM  

And here I thought it was YOU who did all those great headers!

It's like I'm the Tin Man and the curtain just got pulled back showing me the real Wizard of Oz. ;)

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, January 10, 2008 10:15:00 AM  

Let me clarify, Ted. I set up the photos. Then Michelle kindly adds in the text for me. I look at what she's got, tweak (aka drive her crazy with tiny tiny changes), and then when it's exactly what I want, it gets applied to the blog. I just don't have a good enough program on my computer to do it myself.

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, January 10, 2008 10:17:00 AM  

And by make her crazy with lots of tiny changes, I mean location of the text, font, font size, font color, shadowing, borders. You name it, I am anal about it. =P

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, January 10, 2008 10:22:00 AM  

I do have a great program that I can make headers, but it won't save them in JPEG format. So I can't upload them. So it's not that I *can't* make them, Ted. I just can't make one in a format that Blogger will acknowledge. ;-)

Ok, I think I am done replying now. LOL.

Colleen Thursday, January 10, 2008 11:45:00 AM  

This is Dawn: Always New and Improved !! =)

Anonymous,  Thursday, January 10, 2008 12:53:00 PM  

i tried to play along... but i am truely computer challenged... and i like it that way;>

colleen Thursday, January 10, 2008 2:12:00 PM  

My band would be all about the lead singer... as the name ended up being an Italian Swimmer, David Berbotto. The other band members would leave because he'd get all the attention... :(

Ted D Thursday, January 10, 2008 7:43:00 PM  

Dawn, you think Michelle would help me? Between your going over EVERY detail and my general idiocy, we'd probably push her over the edge, huh?

Anonymous,  Thursday, January 10, 2008 8:06:00 PM  

lol! My band is Sustainable MBA and the name of the album is "Am merely a diguise." Did you *see* that spider pic? awwww yeah...

btw. no way am I going to put it all together. not smart enough. :-P

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, January 10, 2008 10:14:00 PM  

Ted: She's been known to help others in the past when I've asked nicely. ;-)

Ted D Thursday, January 10, 2008 10:35:00 PM  

Dawn, she's a friend of yours. There is NO WAY I'd have you ask her to help a moron like me.

But Thanks anyway. ;)

I'll muddle through like always.

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, January 10, 2008 10:37:00 PM  

I'm personally a fan of your random Sox photos. And especially that you keep using Mr Lowell as your profile so he shows up by all your comments. ;-)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP