Monday, January 14, 2008

so how exactly does one go about buying points with the football gods?



i can't even possibly tell you how scared i was about that game against Jacksonville. the way the defense played on in the first half, the fact that the Jaguars really matched the Patriots in the first half, i didn't really feel confident. and there was that cool reverse. and the even cooler fake direct snap play that turned into Tom tossing a touchdown. that was some impressive acting, but not the *only* acting by Thomas -- that roughing the passer call late in the game was... ummm... well *I* was a little embarrassed. i was thrilled to see Welker being given the favored receiver treatment. and then there's the fact that Tom went 26-for-28, with no interceptions. it all boils down to the Patriots standing at 17-0. this season still feels like some kind of dream.

before the Patriots took the field, though, i got treated to the Pack. after an early scare, with two Ryan Grant fumbles resulting in two Seattle touchdowns. followed six straight Green Bay possessions ended in 42 points for yellow & gold. three by the timeless Favre, and Grant redeemed himself with three of his own. it really was the perfect playoff game in the Frozen Tundra, with snow falling heavily & a joyful Favre tossing snowballs.

there's no way i believed it was going to continue into Sunday.

the early game was a stunner. there's no way i thought San Diego would manage to one-up the "defending Super Bowl champs." but to be honest, i am also a little taken aback by what the Chargers showed in that game, so now i'm hoping all the Chargers injuries from abuse of game in Indy will take the edge off their game coming into New England. favorite part of the game: the phantom holding call negating the runback for a TD, but still getting the joy of a Peyton interception & then watching him be flicked to the ground like a piece of lint when he tried to throw a block. and just like that, the Colts go home. ::hands Poor Peyton a tissue::

and here i must admit that i actually rooted for Eli. although to clarify it was really that i was rooting for the Packers to not have to play in Dallas. i feel bad for Romo ending on an interception. but that's where it stops. my allegience is with Favre & whatever it takes to launch him into the Super Bowl. i do feel kind of dirty having actually wanted a Manning to win a game though...

so there you have it. i couldn't have constructed it better in my own dreams.

i just had the perfect football weekend. i hope i didn't use up all my good graces with the football gods. i hope the Chargers talk smack about their limping team paying New England back for last season's playoff game in San Diego. i hope Favre brings that same level of enthusiasm to the Championship game & that the mounting Giants injuries combined with Eli's few playoff games against Favre's years of experience lead to GB victory. all i know is that i am one step closer to my Perfect Super Bowl being a reality.

14 with their own thoughts:

Ted D Tuesday, January 15, 2008 7:41:00 AM  

Dawn, heading out the door but I just wanted to agree with you on Favre getting back to the Super Bowl. While my perfect one would be the Redskins vs. anyone, I'll take Green Bay vs New England as a close second.

Have a great day.

Scott Tuesday, January 15, 2008 11:03:00 AM  

I will be very surprised if the Super Bowl is anything other than Pats and Packers. Be careful what you wish for, will you be able to root against Brett Fahrvrerer? I guess you could root for both of them to do well, as long as the Pats prevail. You would want them to win, right?? ;-)

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, January 15, 2008 11:20:00 AM  

Ted: It's been my dream for as long as I can remember. =)

Scott: No need for me to be careful. It's the one thing I've wished for as a football fan for as long as I've really watched the game. How can I lose? Favorite team of all time against my favorite player of all time? Perfect. I would not root against the Patriots, but it is the one & only instance in which they could lose the Super Bowl, and I would still be deliriously happy. Favre gets the only free pass to beat my Patriots because he plays the game right.

Anonymous,  Tuesday, January 15, 2008 12:59:00 PM  

I didn't acutally read this post, but I was wondering what happened to twitter?? lol

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, January 15, 2008 1:00:00 PM  

Nichole: Nothing happened to it! It's right there. Maybe just a server hiccup?

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, January 15, 2008 1:00:00 PM  

Hmmm... I think Nichole is stalking me on Twitter...

david mcmahon Tuesday, January 15, 2008 1:52:00 PM  

Hi Dawn - your post title drew my right in!!!

Anonymous,  Tuesday, January 15, 2008 3:08:00 PM  

oh! there it is!

Michelle Quinno Tuesday, January 15, 2008 3:31:00 PM  

too funny! My hubby was a little nervous at first too. So glad they won!!

Jeanne Tuesday, January 15, 2008 3:37:00 PM  

I'm with you! A Packer/Patriot Super Bowl would be SUPER!

Brian in Oxford Tuesday, January 15, 2008 7:17:00 PM  

this is my hallway at my new job...

Packers fan
ME
Giants fan
Packers fan
unknown fan...boss...but probably Giants, possibly Jets fan.

No Chargers fans...but the more interesting thing will be the interaction between Giants and Packers fans come monday morning!

Ingrid Tuesday, January 15, 2008 8:06:00 PM  

One more game with a first half like that and my hearts going to give out. Wowzers.

Anonymous,  Wednesday, January 16, 2008 10:06:00 AM  

Go Pats! Stop by to see my Snow Bear. His name is Pat. He's a Patriot's fan.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP