Tuesday, January 29, 2008

i am my own worst enemy

i? am an idiot. in case any of you were still wondering.

case in point: i had two forms i needed to make more copies of. rather than copy one, wait for it to finish, then copy the other, i decided to run them both through at the same time.

did i mention i was making fifty copies of each one?
how about that the forms are identical, save for the date written on them?

guess who forgot to turn off the "sort" feature on the copier.
(hint: photos can be seen in both the left and right sidebars of this blog.)

guess who then got to sift through the pile and sort them manually.
yeah. ::sigh::

so i was thinking.
when someone else in this office does something equally foolish, the undoing of the foolishness is unloaded upon Yours Truly.
on that note: can i get my own admin?
=P

12 with their own thoughts:

Mega Tuesday, January 29, 2008 3:22:00 PM  

If you're an idiot, then I'm a total moron. And I don't think I'm a total moron.

Thus by my simple equation, you are definitely not an idiot. Dawn is quite excellent in fact.

JMP Tuesday, January 29, 2008 4:15:00 PM  

Hey Dawn,

Everyone has an oops now and again!!

We are only human so don't feel bad.

kreed Tuesday, January 29, 2008 4:44:00 PM  

Oooh, fun sorting times! And if that is the most idiotic thing you do, you are doing very well compared to me at least!

Anonymous,  Tuesday, January 29, 2008 5:38:00 PM  

Ugh...BEEN there, DONE that...

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, January 29, 2008 8:03:00 PM  

Mega: Equation is a math word. Therefore, you lost me. But you're a pretty itelligent guy, so I may have to agree with you.

JMP: What I feel worst about is the extra work I made for myself. =P That was pretty much the only harm done.

kreed: Tip of the iceberg, I assure you. ;-)

April: Don't you just love that moment of recognition, when you realize what you've just done? =P

Nichole M Tuesday, January 29, 2008 8:10:00 PM  

I occasionally have those moments. During the stupid act my brain is *completely* off. Then it jump starts again, and I tell myself what an idiot I was. :-P We all need an occasional brain fart, and you are, after all, only human!

Ted D Tuesday, January 29, 2008 8:26:00 PM  

Dawn, I am KING of the idiots, and trust me, you're no idiot.

Mega has it right.

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, January 29, 2008 9:15:00 PM  

Nichole: Do I *hafta* be? ;-)

Ted: I feel like I should warn you not to encourage the Mega. LOL!

Ingrid Tuesday, January 29, 2008 9:25:00 PM  

At least the words "are you telling me J is the only one that swims in the nude?" haven't come out of your mouth.

There's still hope. And you've never sounded dumb to me.

*krystyn* Tuesday, January 29, 2008 9:33:00 PM  

I did that exact same thing the other day, but luckily I was only making 15-20 copies...but still..what a pain.

I think you should get your own admin - you deserve it!!

:-)

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, January 30, 2008 11:59:00 AM  

LOL! Thanks Ingrid. Although if it ever comes to me saying that, just send some friendly men in white coats & have me locked up.

Krystyn: I wish. Somehow I have to believe that they would never go for that. They all think my job is so easy. Funny thing is, if it's so easy then why aren't THEY doing all the stupid projects they give to me?! =P

Janet Wednesday, January 30, 2008 5:22:00 PM  

LMAO! I'm sure I've done that before, too. Oh well!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP