Monday, January 28, 2008

The Dawn Polls: January 28, 2008

i was doing my laundry last night and as i was pulling sheets & towels out of the dryer to fold them, i was thinking...

if you had to choose between having really good quality sheets or really good quality towels, which would you pick? there are definite benefits to both. or do you really just not care? i mean, you have to have both -- one would hope LOL! or perhaps you don't really give the quality of eitehr much thought at all...


so which would you prefer?
good quality sheets
good quality towels
whichever since i need to have both
i don't care about the quality of either
Free polls from Pollhost.com


wow... it's been a really long time since we had a poll here!

12 with their own thoughts:

Ted D Monday, January 28, 2008 10:58:00 PM  

I voted I could care less.

My wife would have a different vote.

mimiscraps Monday, January 28, 2008 11:58:00 PM  

I have the same dilema but I resolved it and I bought the sheets already now I just need the towels.

kreed Tuesday, January 29, 2008 12:00:00 AM  

Timely poll since I literally just put a foot through my sheets the other day...who knew that could happen?!?! Granted they were 8 years old and I do bleach them, but still! And they weren't really cheap sheets. Guess I'll have to invest a little more money next time.

Nichole M Tuesday, January 29, 2008 9:07:00 AM  

Towels. Definitely towels. There is something indescribable about getting out of the shower, being all cold because you're wet and starting to evaporate, and being surrounded in a super soft towel. Preferably one that smells good!

Chele76 Tuesday, January 29, 2008 10:17:00 AM  

I need to get me some good towels. When Daniel moved into the appartment, I helped him bargain shop... except for the 750 count sheets. ahhh, LOVE those.

Now its time for me to pick out good towels that I like... oh, and a nice complementary color - like teal. Our accessories are navy and chocolate.

...mmmm chocolate.

Scott Tuesday, January 29, 2008 11:37:00 AM  

Of course I would prefer both, but having to choose just one it would be sheets, as they are pressed against my skin for (hopefully) eight hours. I can put up with a few minutes of a bad towel rubbing across my bod, but bad sheets could make for restless nights. Which makes Scott a very crabby boy.

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, January 29, 2008 12:55:00 PM  

Ted: Cretin. ;-) I kid!

Mimi: Did you just somehow manage to answer "both" on a survey I intentionally left that option off of?! LOL! I am going to have to say you gave higher preference to the sheets though, since you bought those first. ;-)

kreed: I had to laugh. I bet the initial look of confusion at this startling occurance was pretty funny.

Nichole: I voted the same way. It's a close race, but the towels win for me too.

Chele: But you digress? LOL! So... like Mimi, you managed to say both. =P But you emphasis is clearly on sheets as well, since they got preference.

Scott: Well we can't Scott being a very crabby boy! I think that maybe I give slightly less weight to the sheets because 1) I only sleep for six hours, 2) I tend to not move around much, 3) I also heap on blankets and 4) the towels are applied to a less-clothed version of myself.

Scott Tuesday, January 29, 2008 3:18:00 PM  

#4 doesn't apply to me. I'll keep the gory details to myself. ;-)

You really only sleep six hours? On purpose? I usually get about seven except on Sundays, when I get nine. But eight every day would be my preference.

If you made it a nice soft towel directly out of the dryer handed to me as I stepped out of the shower then I might change my vote. It would be hard to beat that.

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, January 29, 2008 8:11:00 PM  

LOL! I don't know that it's on purpose, Scott. I just wake up after six hours. Don't even need an alarm clock. I've been like this for as long as I can remember. I don't wake up feeling tired either, as long as I get six hours. Never been a big sleeper.

Now, where do I sign up for the warm towel being handed to me??

Ted D Tuesday, January 29, 2008 8:25:00 PM  

I average about 5 hours a night, and I'm like a zombie until about 10 am. Which really isn't a good thing when I have to be up at 6:30 most mornings.

Oh well, I'll sleep when I'm dead.

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, January 29, 2008 9:11:00 PM  

Ted: I usually go to bed at midnight & wake up at six. If I go to bed too early, I still wake up after six hours, and waking up at 4 or 5 is not really something I aspire to do. Makes the day feel too long for some reason.

Janet Wednesday, January 30, 2008 3:14:00 PM  

sheets! You spend so much more time on them!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP