Monday, January 28, 2008

today's random Red Sox off-season coping strategy quote: January 28, 2007

For some reason, I sympathize with Crisp in his current offensive struggles a lot more than I do with Lugo, perhaps because Crisp is actually doing something to help the team (Gold Glove defense in center) and seems anguished by his inability to buy a hit these days.
(Touching All the Bases)

6 with their own thoughts:

Ted D Monday, January 28, 2008 10:57:00 PM  

I once made the comment at Surviving Grady that Crisp played CF much in the way I imagined Beethoven played the piano.

If he is traded, we'll all be short changed on watching a maestro at work.

Scott Tuesday, January 29, 2008 4:52:00 PM  

Looks like Santana just got traded to the Mets! We keep our prospects. :-) I expect Crisp will be traded in the next few days.

Brian in Oxford Tuesday, January 29, 2008 8:07:00 PM  

Are you enjoying the stock footage of Johan Santana today on ESPN where it seems he is REPEATEDLY striking out JFL?

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, January 29, 2008 9:09:00 PM  

Scott: I'm with Ted. I want Coco to stay. Even if it's as back up.

Brian: See, I am not sure this is the best footage to show Santana's skill. *I* could stand on the mound & strike out JFL. He could strike out with no one pitching at all. =P

Scott Wednesday, January 30, 2008 8:18:00 AM  

It would be nice to have that glove on the bench, but I don't think he is going to be very happy watching the kid take his place. I also don't think he is going to get his stroke back sitting on the bench, I think he needs to play every day to get back to where he once was at. If we can get something good in return I'm not opposed to him being traded. I'm thinking Theo has layed the groundwork already for it to happen, but I could be wrong.

~**Dawn**~ Friday, February 01, 2008 11:33:00 AM  

LOL! Janet, his real name is Covelli Loyce Crisp!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP