Thursday, February 21, 2008

archive diving

Jeanne tagged me earlier this week and i think i am finally ready to play along. (this one required a little research & careful selection.)

the idea of this one is that you link to five of your own favorite posts based on certain criteria. i decided to go waaaaay waaaaay back in the archives for these, since many of you haven't been around since the beginning & this will be brand new reading for you (or even if you are one of the original one or two, you probably don't remember these by now anyway).

1. Family
i went with moving on because i spend a lot of time talking about my grandparents & what wonderful people they were... but there was a reason we were so close...

2. Friends
i could have picked from a bunch of posts i've done about the people i am lucky enough to call friends, but i thought it might be fun to see some old photos & old friends, like the ones i shared in of band geeks & goofballs & great memories.

3. Yourself
letting go remains one of my very favorite blog posts... and one of the few times i've shared something intensely personal -- something i do very sparingly in my blog.

4. Something you love
because i miss it & i am excited that it's starting up again, but also because i've shared some "heavier" posts already -- and this one most certainly is not! -- i chose thirteen things i love about baseball season and i know that none of you are really surprised by this, are you? unless maybe you're really new here.

5. Your choice
when you have close to 2400 entries in your blog, it can be difficult to narrow down your favorites, so i picked two: thirteen silly things i miss about New England and star light, star bright.

i'm not going to tag anyone in particular but if you haven't played along yet, it's a lot of fun to go digging into your blog, reread some of what you've written, dust off & relive some old memories, and share some of the "best of" with the people who take their time to visit your blog & make the whole thing interactive. i would still capture my thoughts here, even if no one read or commented, but i have to say, i love when you do! happy archive diving!

8 with their own thoughts:

kreed Friday, February 22, 2008 9:48:00 AM  

That was a lot of un for me to see those posts since I havne't been around from the beginning of your blog. I got a little more insight into Dawn - fun stuff :)!

Anonymous,  Friday, February 22, 2008 12:31:00 PM  

The posts were nice. Re: Memes - A lot of people don't like memes, and their regular blog posts are entertaining/fun without. Some may think it's interactive, some may think it's hijacking ;)

Colleen Friday, February 22, 2008 12:55:00 PM  

I loved your photos from the past! The last one of your boyfriend? HAHAHHAHA! Actually he seems kinda cute behind that goofy face...And how come no photos of you?

~**Dawn**~ Friday, February 22, 2008 1:27:00 PM  

kreed: That is precisely why I took this opportunity to pull out some old posts! =)

Anonymous: I completely agree with you. We don't all like the same things, and memes are a good blogging example of that. I never feel pressured to do one, nor do I ever "tag" anyone when I choose to play along with one. That's just my personal "rule" & it works fine for me. I enjoy doing them, when one particularly inspires me, and the beauty of a blog is that we can each make our own whatever we wish it to be. I have yet to hear any of my regular readers complain when I do one, and quite the opposite, actually, they see it as an opportunity to learn more about who I am, in a slightly different format than in paragraphs, and those who are not fond of memes (or baseball or football or photos) skip over those posts to something they *do* like. =) Since, mostly I blog for *me*, even though I love the comments I receive, I figure I will keep going with what makes me happy, and anyone who wants to make my blog a regular stop certainly is welcome, though I wouldn't hold it against someone if the way I do things is not their cup of tea. I personally enjoy a wide variety of blogs: some people participate in memes, some talk sports, some are mommy blogs, some are akin to online journals. Our differences are what make us interesting!

Colleen: Well, silly, that was under the category of friends! ;-) I will unearth more horrifying & unflattering photos of myself soon.

Jeanne Friday, February 22, 2008 1:30:00 PM  

Aww thanks for playing along Dawn, now to read them.

Nichole M Friday, February 22, 2008 2:01:00 PM  

Cool review! But I don't think I'm gonna do this review of my blog. I think it would take me a *really* long time. :-P

Redbeard76 Friday, February 22, 2008 4:42:00 PM  

good idea, although I don't know if i have enough material to follow this meme, as i've only been blogging since last summer and only more than twice a week since november.

Ted D Friday, February 22, 2008 10:28:00 PM  

Dawn, that was great. It was nice to read some of your older posts and get a better picture of The Broken Road.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP