Sunday, February 10, 2008

20 Questions: February 10, 2008

1. If you had to change the name of your blog from what it is now to something completely new, what would you change it to? Why?
i have actually considered changing the name of my blog, but then opt not to, since i've had it for over three years now. if i changed it, it would be "are we there yet?" because the "road" i am travelling down is no longer broken. it's happier, easier, sunshine-ier. "are we there yet?" still implies a journey, just like "thoughts from along the broken road", but it is filled with more excitement & anticipation for reaching the next destination.

2. Today you get to be a thief (which I know you aren’t in real life ….. right?) You are planning the heist of all heists, what are you stealing?
Mike Lowell's 2007 World Series ring. with him wearing it. >=]

3. If we were to play a game of Tic Tac Toe, would you choose to be X or O?
X. i have no clue why though. i always was drawn to the X.

4. Would you rather be trapped in an elevator, or stuck in traffic?
stuck in traffic. i wouldn't feel panicky. i would have my radio. most likely have cell reception. and i could see when things started to free up again.

5. Mondays are ______________.
evil. pure evil.

6. So, tell us, what can you hear?
something rustling in the leaves. a train. some quiet traffic sounds from the main road that isn't fair away. my own typing. my cell phone buzzing to let me know i just got a Pix text. a slight breeze.

7. What is your most despised household chore?
cleaning the bathroom.

8. Which cartoon ability would you rather have: 1. The ability to paint a hole in the ground or a door in a solid wall and go through it; 2. The ability to be run over by a steamroller and shake yourself back to normal; or 3. The ability to fall hundreds of feet off a cliff to your doom and be back in the very next scene?
hmmmm... i have already proven that i can do the second option, at least in the proverbial sense. number three does not really appeal to me, for some reason. i am thinking that first one would come in very handy.

9. What is your internet home page?
iGoogle - a totally personalized home page!

10. How many lurkers do you think you have that read your blog, but never comment? Have you ever been successful at getting them to say hello? Do you mind the lurking?
well, i know that i have about eight regular readers. i suspect that i have a decent number of lurkers, based on the number of hits my blog gets in a day. either that or my regulars get really annoyed with me when i don't blog often enough & they keep checking back until i do. =P it doesn't bother me that people lurk. Lord knows i lurk on enough blogs--although i i do my best to leave a comment at least every once in a while. but i do like it when people actually come out & say hello. i have successfully coaxed a couple out in the past.

11. So, go on, tell us, what 1 word describes you on a good day? And what about on a bad day?
smiley. insecure.

12. Would you rather be Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, or Belle?
Sleeping Beauty. hands down. "I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream. I know you, that gleam in your eyes is so familiar a gleam..."

13. What advice do you have to the snowplow driver who plows past your home and driveway?
i think you're lost, buddy. ;-)

14. Do you prefer paper or plastic bags at the grocery store? Why?
i get plastic. i reuse them for my bathroom garbage can or to throw away scraps when i cook so they don't smell.

15. Someone says magic and the first 3 things I think of are:
Disney World. falling in love. rabbits in hats.

16. How often do you change your passwords?
rarely. the one that i use for my "sensitive" log-ins is complete gibberish to almost anyone but me, and if you happen to be the one & only person who *could* potentially figure it out, it wouldn't matter to me that you were logged in because i trust you. my non-sensitive log-ins use a very simple password, but i don't see what you would gain by figuring it out. what could you do? log in & delete recipes from my online cookbook? =P

17. What are you obsessed with?
did you just arrive at my blog? =P Red Sox would probably top that list. followed closely by the Patriots with the Packers in third place.

18. Do you ever add crackers to soup?
no. i like crackers *with* my soup, but not in it.

19. How often do you fall asleep on the couch? ….with the tv on? ….and all the lights? Do you ever shut everything off and go back to sleeping on the couch, or do you move to your bed?
that depends. not too often at night. i usually take my nap there, if i take one, though. the tv is almost always on but not the lights. if it's a night, like last night, for the first time in i don't know how long, when i woke up, i dragged myself to bed. otehrwise i wake up too stiff & feeling like i didn't get quality sleep.

20. How many different baseball stadiums have you been in?
assuming you mean najor league? four: Fenway Park. Yankee Stadium (hey, it was a church trip to see the Sox play the Yankees). the Trop. Angel Stadium. i have also been to about a dozen to a dozen & a half league minor stadiums. i can't even remember them all now. everything from A-ball to AAA.

11 with their own thoughts:

Amy Monday, February 11, 2008 12:15:00 AM  

I could help you add Busch Stadium to that list this summer. :) The Cards are only an hour and a half away from me. Yay St. Louis! Go Cards!!!!

Anonymous,  Monday, February 11, 2008 1:56:00 AM  

Dawn - Hope you don't mind some observations of my own at this hour :D If you did ever decide to change the title of your blog, perhaps some variation of "When the Dawn breaks" would be good (incorporating your name and in keeping with the broken (road) theme).

Also, in your sidebar under 'about me' - when I get to the end where it says "traveling along a broken road, away from the Dark & Twisty. Destination: Bright & Shiny"... I can SO hear Rod Serling narrating that and changing the destination to the "Twilight Zone" (or Epcot ;) Cue the spooky music!

Chele76 Monday, February 11, 2008 7:46:00 AM  

re number 12... isn't that one of the greatest songs ever? I love that song :)

Debi Monday, February 11, 2008 8:58:00 AM  

#2 and 13 had me rolling!

#3--me too.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Monday, February 11, 2008 10:54:00 AM  

I had no idea you were even thinking of renaming your blog! Good answer though and I like both :)

I detest cleaning bathrooms too. Dusting is evil too.

If you come visit us, we can take you to a minor league ballpark. Can't help with the pro ones :(

Have an awesome day!

Nichole M Monday, February 11, 2008 1:55:00 PM  

1. Yay! I'm glad you're happier now. :-)

2. Can I help? I'll be your accomplice. But we'd have to decide how to split the... uh... booty.

9. I may have to investigate this iGoogle of which you speak. I am intrigued.

12. I was going to pick her, but then I envisioned her living alone in the woods picking berries and junk and decided I'd much rather live in Beast's castle with talking silverware.

Oh, I played, too!

Scott Monday, February 11, 2008 4:09:00 PM  

I've seen games at Fenway, the Astrodome (RIP), Kaufman Stadium in KC and the new park in San Fran, I forget what they are calling it these days. And also The Trop, almost forgot that one. Also been to various minor league parks. I would love to travel the country and see as many parks as possible. Probably the same dream as every other baseball fan.

Ted D Monday, February 11, 2008 8:36:00 PM  

//20. How many different baseball stadiums have you been in?//

Dawn, I've been to Camden Yards, Turner Field, the old Arlington Stadium, and in 94 days will be at Fenway Park!

gail@more than a song Tuesday, February 12, 2008 10:47:00 AM  

I like the name you have now! (sorta music related I think!) But change is good too sometimes.

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, February 12, 2008 11:42:00 AM  

Amy: Noted! ;-)

Carol: Observations always welcome! The "Dark & Twisty/Bright & Shiny" are actually Grey's Anatomy references!

Chele: That is my favorite Disney song *ever*.

Debi: Glad I could entertain. What's even funnier is how much I entertain *myself* with answers like that! LOL! I wonder what it is about that X...?

Stacy: I toy with it but then I never follow through. I feel like part of my "blog identity" is my title which has always been the same. After three-plus years, it's tough to change something like that. My only two "laments" (and they are not big ones!) are that I am not really on a "broken road" anymore =) and that my title is so *long*! LOL! Minor league ballparks are pretty fun too, ya know! We used to go to a lot of minor league games when I was a kid.

Nichole: We can share the bling. ;-) As for iGoogle, I like it. There are so many widgets you can play with! It really is totally customizable! Belle was my second choice, but Sleeping Beauty has always been my favorite.

Scott: The Trop is not all that memorable, in & of itself. But I have some wonderful memories there, plus I get to see the Sox for wicked cheap (and awesome seats! if you dig back in my archives from last season, you can see photos!) so I have learned to (somewhat) embrace the Trop. I would love to travel the country & see all the ballparks too, but my key is that I would like to see them all for *Sox* games. ;-)

Ted: I've been outside Camden Yards, but never saw a game there. Fenway is old & does not have the amenities that a lot of the newer parks have, but what it lacks in updates, it makes up for in character & history. And that fact that it is *Fenway*.

Gail: Thank you. And you're right, It was inspired by a song!

Lisa Carroll Tuesday, February 12, 2008 3:41:00 PM  

ROFL #13... yeah, send him MY way. LOL

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP