Wednesday, February 27, 2008

it's a mad mad mad mad world

believe it or not, there are a few things that compete with the Bartolo Colo signing as the scariest moment for me of Spring Training.

like what on *earth* is going on with Coco's head?! did he get swallowed by a Chia Pet? will it grow if he gets caught in the rain? how will that fit under a cap?! is he having problems with the Florida humidity? will he require a shoe horn to get into the car?

(photo from the Boston Herald)

seriously, this boy is not quite right. i mean, we knew that after the pantsless river dancing. and the beercase headwear. and the complete & utter insanity. but that look on his face may be just this side of psychotic. or perhaps just over the line to *that* side.

and then... God love him... there are no words for this.

(photos from the Boston Globe)

11 with their own thoughts:

mimiscraps Wednesday, February 27, 2008 11:07:00 PM  

ha ha about his hair! Although my 15yr old neice would probably say he's a HOTTIE! LOL!

Anonymous,  Wednesday, February 27, 2008 11:38:00 PM  

Coco's hair? I think he and manny are in a contest now. And if I know Manny like I think I do, he's not to be outdone in anything. I think I'm scared now.

omg. All I can think about when I see that picutre of Julian is what his alternative career choice was if he didn't make it in baseball.

::shudder::

Ingrid Thursday, February 28, 2008 12:10:00 AM  

He's going to have to wear a 10 gallon hat to contain that mop! Your commentary is priceless! LOL!

Colleen Thursday, February 28, 2008 3:18:00 AM  

I like what you had to say about the first dude. that was funny

Ted D Thursday, February 28, 2008 9:25:00 AM  

The Red Sox lead the league in different hairstyles. From Manny's dreads to Coco's fro, with Tek's buzz cut mixed in for good measure.

And you can't forget about Papi's new 'do, complete with the headband.

Hey: real life baseball games today. Set the Tivo!

JMP Thursday, February 28, 2008 10:43:00 AM  

Hey Dawn,
Yes, Coco has some really scary hair!!

Guess he's glad he's not on the Yankees.
He'd have a buzz cut then...

Checked out a lot of spring Training pics around the web...and the Sox are sure having a fun time in training this year!!!
Wonder if they need a bat boy????

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, February 28, 2008 1:36:00 PM  

Mimi: Until she got lost in his hair anyway. =P

Nichole: Thank you. I think I need to pour bleach in my mind's eye now. =P

Ingrid: And I am just gearing up! Imagine how I get when I am in the middle of the June Swoon & getting punchy. LOL!

Colleen: Straight from my brain to your computer screen. You just never know what you'll get here. ;-)

Ted: PLAY BALL!!

JMP: If you get in as a bat boy, find out if they need someone to fetch them water bottles & sports drinks. ;-)

Anonymous,  Thursday, February 28, 2008 1:45:00 PM  

That look on Pap's face is PSYCHO! What did the cameraman say to him??

Julian, ah Julian. That is such his personality -- devil may care. You've gotta love him. :)

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, February 28, 2008 2:28:00 PM  

Daniel: Knowing Jon, probably something as innocent as "Give us a nice big smile now."

Lisa Carroll Thursday, February 28, 2008 2:30:00 PM  

I'm sorry... uhh, I was too distracted by COCO'S CAR to notice his hair.

*drool*

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, February 28, 2008 2:33:00 PM  

Lisa: Some girls we are. I am obsessed with baseball (and football) and you're drooling over cars. LOL!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP