Monday, February 4, 2008

wrappin' it up

some final thoughts before we move along. all i can say is that i am glad the football playoffs are like pulling off a Bandaid -- it may be painful but it's quick. unlike baseball where you are forced to watch your team lose four times before they put you out of your misery.

1. Rodney Harrison & Randall Gay both down by injury on the same play nearly killed me.

2. seeing Kevin Faulk do a quick-step-limp off the field doesn't make me feel much better.

3. will someone please tell me why we spent so much time getting footage of *Peyton* during that game?! much as i do not like Eli, i think he deserved to not have to share the spotlight with the Older Manning Spawn.

4. i have no clue where the Patriots offense was during that game. it's like they used up all their points in the previous eighteen games & had nothing left for the one that mattered. we won't even start to talk about my feelings concerning Tom's offensive line. did they just not bother to make the trip to Arizona? because i think Tom spent more time on the ground in that game than he did the entire rest of the collective season.

5. what moron was running the time clock for this game?!

6. no, i do not have a problem with Bill leaving the field with one second left to play. they had screwed up the clock so badly at that point that no one knew what the heck was going on. Bill had already gone out onto the field & shook Coughlin's hand. the clock said zero. and then they tacked on another second?? whatever. i *do* still take issue with the fact that he chose not to wear The Hoodie. =P

7. i still love me some Wes Welker & Kevin Faulk.

8. would someone please stuff Joe Buck in a locker somewhere & lose the key?

9. i have to say that i was pleased with the overall officiating that took place in the game. not that this comes a shock with Mike Carey. i rarely have issue with any game he calls.

10. fourth & thirteen. FOURTH & THIRTEEN?! dude.

10 with their own thoughts:

kreed Monday, February 04, 2008 10:09:00 AM  

Not a good night for Patriots fans...

The chocolates made my mouth water - what a cruel thing for you to do to someone with gestational diabetes! No hard feelings, though - I don't begrudge those whose bodies haven't been altered by other life forms!

~**Dawn**~ Monday, February 04, 2008 11:02:00 AM  

Oh man... I'm sorry! This is my therapy after last night though! ;-)

Michelle Quinno Monday, February 04, 2008 12:12:00 PM  

Yum on the new banner!

I am SO disappointed. And tired...

Yes, we all commented on #5 last night too!! Wierd.

The commercials weren't the greatest either. All in all a bad night....

Michael Monday, February 04, 2008 1:13:00 PM  

Whatever the outcome, that was a great game. Wasn't Joe Buck the name of Jon Voight's character in Midnight Cowboy. Now if Ratso Rizzo was an announcer, that'd be fun -- "I'm commentatin' here! I'm commentatin' here!"

Bart Monday, February 04, 2008 5:42:00 PM  

I want to know why they sedated Brady before the game.

Seriously, he looked bored. When he wasn't looking puzzled at getting sacked so much. Did he get too cocky or something? I hate to say it, but I sort of agree with Bill Simmons...where was the Brady that started headbutting Bledsoe out of nowhwere before his first Super Bowl?

Ted D Monday, February 04, 2008 6:20:00 PM  

Dawn, at one of my sales calls today, I found out the owner's son roomed with Wes Welker at Texas Tech and was in the same fraternity there. She said he was a great guy, just dumb as a stump!!

Sorry again about the game; tough way to end the season.

Jeanne Tuesday, February 05, 2008 10:42:00 AM  

I think Joe Buck likes Troy Aikman, he always looks so adoringly at him. It's a joke in our house whenever we watch them lol. At least Bill struggled to get to Coughlin to shake his hand didn't catch Tom doing the same to Eli. Bad Tom. End of story..till next year. And yes Baseball season is fast approaching!

jenny Tuesday, February 05, 2008 1:02:00 PM  

Dude, indeed. Fourth and thirteen. And then, with 35 seconds left and all of their timeouts...throwing long instead of trying to get short yards for a field goal. Dude.

We in rainy New England are still reeling.

As if it were all a dream and they really couldn't have lost.

How 'bout them Celtics?

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, February 06, 2008 12:20:00 AM  

Mamichelle: I can't believe how much money companies paid to air what, to me, were regular commercials at best.

Michael: It was definitely an exciting game. Not good by my definition though. ;-)

Chele: I have a feeling I am getting cursed on the other side of people's monitors for causing cravings. ::looks sheepish::

Bart: I was wondering about him as well. He was all fired up just a couple of weeks ago. I thought he was going to give himself a concussion with all the headbutting. And then Sunday, he looked so uptight, it was like he was a completely different player.

Ted: Wes isn't looking so dumb now though, is he? ;-)

Jeanne: Either that or there is a strategically placed mirror behind Aikman that's hidden from our view. I always thought Buck couldn't love anyone more than himself & his own voice. =P

Jenny: I am still sticking to the Bill Polian in a Belichick costime theory. =P

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP