Sunday, February 3, 2008

stating for the record

i know the vast majority of you list the Patriots as your #1 Despised Football Team. i know many of this same group have a tendancy of saying that all Patriots fans are arrogant, insufferable, and so cocky that they act like they've already won the Super Bowl.

i would just like to go on the record, right here in black & white, and say that i am terrified. it's an excited nervous, but i am scared just the same. i want my team to win. and i certainly don't want that annoying whiny Lesser Manning Spawn to leave the only smudge on New England's 2007 record. i am so jittery, in fact, that this has all the feel of a Sox-Yankees match up in Game 7 of the ALCS, complete with nerves. and pacing.

and no, i do not think this game is a sure win.
none of them are.
either team can win every time they take the field.
any given Sunday & all that.
that's why the play the game.
and don't think their aren't some of us Patriots fans out there that aren't keenly aware of this fact, so please stop lumping us all together.

4 with their own thoughts:

Ted D Sunday, February 03, 2008 8:12:00 PM  

Dawn, I'm pulling for them, because it'd be great to see history made, and because of friends like you who pull for them.

I am SHOCKED the first half went like it did; the Giants came to play.

Ingrid Sunday, February 03, 2008 9:31:00 PM  

Hee hee! Lesser Manning Spawn. I like it.

Go Pats!

gail@more than a song Monday, February 04, 2008 9:34:00 AM  

I don't despise them, or hate any team! I am sorry for you for the loss, and truthfully I hate to see either team lose when it comes to the super bowl....I know that's weird. But I feel like when you've made it that far, it's a shame to me see either of them lose even though one has to!
I will say that I thought it was one of the better super bowls in a long time! I would have said that no matter which one won, we said that toward the end of the game when the Giants were still behind....I'd much rather see a close ballgame than some of the blowouts in the past. I'm so not the sports/football fan you are so I don't know what all goes on, and I'm from MS so we get different views of all the Mannings than other people might. You grew up in the NE so I'd expect you to love your teams from there! Just like I tend to pull for ones from the South!
I thought it was a good game, whichever one had won there at the end!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP