Sunday, February 10, 2008

today's random Red Sox off-season coping strategy quote: February 10, 2007

3 more days til pitchers & catchers report!!

How very Canadian of the Blue Jays to open the roof in an effort to throw off Tim Wakefield. Are you kidding me? Tim Wakefield has faced down the howling hordes of Yankee Stadium. Some Canadian wind is going to send him reeling?

It did look touch-and-go for a moment, though, in the bottom of the first, with Frank Thomas at the plate, one out, bases loaded. WEEI's broadcast indicated that Frank Thomas has 9 hits against Tim Wakefield, and four of them are home runs. Wake proceeded to fall behind Thomas 2-0 to open the at-bat.

I don't know about you, but it was at that moment that I went into Damage Control Mode; okay, win some, lose some, everybody's got tough luck sometimes, hopefully we'll score him some more runs next inning...

Then Thomas struck out.

Then Kevin Youkilis broke for the first-base bag.

Doug Mirabelli gloved the final strike on Thomas from Wake and sent it humming down to first without a second's hesitation. Youkilis beat a napping Troy Glaus to the bag for a strike-em-out-throw-em-out double play to end the inning right there at first base.

Jaw, meet floor.

(Cursed to First)

4 with their own thoughts:

Ted D Sunday, February 10, 2008 10:31:00 PM  

NOBODY runs on Dougie. Nobody.

Frank Thomas striking out vs. Wakefield is high comedy. You know he's kicking himself all night after missing that wiffle ball.

Nichole M Sunday, February 10, 2008 10:51:00 PM  

If today proved anything, I. Need. Baseball.

I can't believe we're not even half way through Feb yet. And we still have March Madness to endure.

sigh

Scott Monday, February 11, 2008 7:54:00 AM  

Now THAT makes me miss baseball even more! Why can't they have spring training in the Carolinas? (Yes, I'm jealous ;-)

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, February 12, 2008 12:50:00 PM  

Ted: One of my most favorite things evah is watching Wake mess with the minds of power hitters with that maddening little flutterball.

Nichole: 42 days til Opening Day. Almost... there...

Scott: I love when I go go back & read some of these excerpts and remember exactly when it happened. It takes me right back there. I cannot *wait* for them to start playing again! I wouldn't mind sharing Spring Training with the Carolinas... but the Sox stay here. =P

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP