Sunday, February 10, 2008

Window Shopping: February 10, 2008

if i had a little girl, she would so be getting this from Gymboree for her Easter dress.


when i was a little girl, my Gram always got me a new dress (or when i was a not-so-little girl, she slipped me some money for a new outfit) for Christmas and for Easter. if you'll excuse the quality of the photos (old matte photos have a "texture" to them so they just don't scan very well), i will share a few Easter dresses from my past (side note: all these photos were taken at my grandparents' house)...


April 1978


April 1980 with my older cousin Kathryn


April 1982 with my brother Josh


April 1983 with my Gramp

15 with their own thoughts:

Anonymous,  Sunday, February 10, 2008 10:31:00 PM  

Thank you for bringing back some good memories as I sit here and remember my Christmas and Easter dresses. Great pics!

Ted D Sunday, February 10, 2008 10:32:00 PM  

Dawww.

Those pictures are great, and thanks for sharing them with the rest of us.

I think it's awesome how much you and your Grandparents loved each other.

justem Sunday, February 10, 2008 10:35:00 PM  

That dress is adorable! It reminds me of neopolitan ice cream!! ;)

I always got a new dress for easter, too!

Anonymous,  Sunday, February 10, 2008 11:01:00 PM  

That's exactly what my grandparents did every easter. Right down to the frilly gloves and matching purses for all three of us girls.
thanks for the memories.

Anonymous,  Monday, February 11, 2008 12:06:00 AM  

May you get your little girl some day, and be dressing her in Neopolitan :D

Holly Monday, February 11, 2008 1:24:00 AM  

I too, LOVE that Gymboree dress! Too cute! You are so cute in your frills! Pictures are the best- there's nothing quite like looking back at old pics and reminiscing. Quick, somebody start singing, "MEMORIES..." ;)

Colleen Monday, February 11, 2008 2:31:00 AM  

these are all great photos, but I think your '82 photo is my favorite. It's so charming!

Scott Monday, February 11, 2008 7:56:00 AM  

Looks like some great memories, it's nice that you have so many pics from your childhood.

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Monday, February 11, 2008 10:56:00 AM  

That Gymboree dress is adorable! But so are all the ones you wore, the photos are great :) Don't cha love looking back at that kind of stuff?!

colleen Monday, February 11, 2008 11:12:00 AM  

These photo's are wonderful! You must have grown up somewhere sunny, lucky you, that makes for good Easter Egg hunts :) I was always bundled up dealing with the rain and cold. Yuck. Love the photo with you and your Gramps.

kreed Monday, February 11, 2008 6:51:00 PM  

Awesome pictures - thanks for sharing!

I am a Gymboree addict - it is really quite sad.

gail@more than a song Tuesday, February 12, 2008 10:53:00 AM  

Oh I LOVE that dress from Gymboree!
And the ones of you are adorable, my favorite is the 3rd one when you have on a cute hat and are with your brother. Fun shots.

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, February 12, 2008 11:16:00 AM  

Smitty: I was lucky. My Gram never looked at the proce tag when she bought my Easter & Christmas dresses. I had some really beautiful ones.

Ted: Since my dad was a single dad from when we were very small, hos parents were very involved in our lives. They were really more like parents than grandparents even. =) I was extremely lucky.

Em: LOL! I think the line that dress is part of is called Ice Cream Shop or Ice Cream Social or something like that!

Keri: Oooo... I didn't usually get a new purse!

Carol: =) Maybe! We never know what is in store for us.

Holly: I love all my old photos. I think it's funny to share them. Especially since I was born in the 70s. Some of the photos I have *really* make me laugh.

Colleen: Doesn't my brother look like a little car salesman?! LOL!!

Scott: I was lucky that my Gram knew how much I love photos & that she made sure I got as many as possible long before she passed away. =) Looking back through all of them makes me smile. (I am still greedy & wish I had them all though.)

Stacy: They are a real blast from the past! I love that I have them. It's amazing the memories that can resurface just from looking at a photo.

Colleen: I grew up in Connecticut. Some Easters were very soggy. And some even a bit snowy or slushy still! You will notice that some of the photos took place indoors. ;-)

kreed: They make some really adorable clothes don't they? And when you can get them on sale, you can find some real steals when you factor in the quality. My only issue with their clothes -- and may they have corrected it since I worked in daycare -- is that on the one-piece infant outfits (the ones with "pants"), the snaps on the insides of the legs stopped at the cuffs. That made changing a diaper a real chore once you had a baby in shoes because you would have to remove their shoes to free their legs from the outfit to change the diaper. =P

Gail: I remember that dress. The three ribbons around my waist were individual & they drove me crazy because they were satin & slippery and were forever coming untied. =P LOL!

The dress in the

Ingrid Tuesday, February 12, 2008 8:16:00 PM  

Wow! I hadn't thought about the fact that my Grandmother used to buy me a new dress every Easter! You really brought back some memories!

I agree, the Gymbo dress is adorable. Was that your Grandmom's livingroom in '82? It SO looks like a 1982 Grandmom livingroom!

~**Dawn**~ Friday, February 15, 2008 11:25:00 AM  

Ingrid: LOL! Yep, that was Gram's living room. And her dining room in 1980. And they always looked pretty much like that.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP