Thursday, February 7, 2008

I am Curious: February 7, 2008

as i was logging into my Hotmail account this morning, i started to wonder what people prefer for their personal email addresses. i use Gmail as my primary account for corresponding -- in fact, i usually have it open almost all the time -- but i still have the old Hotmail address that was my first email ever. i mostly just use it when i sign up for an e-newsletter or for a company to email me sales and coupons, so that i can avoid as much spam as possible in my Gmail account.

so how about you...
(you can select more than one!)

9 with their own thoughts:

Michelle Quinno Thursday, February 07, 2008 3:11:00 PM  

I have comcast. I used to have hotmail and then yahoo but I never use them.

Anonymous,  Thursday, February 07, 2008 4:10:00 PM  

All three. Hotmail was the "original," and is still what most of my friends use to contact me. Gmail was started solely for Red Sox chat with you but has grown now to include most of my immediate California family. Yahoo is what I use for the Breviary discussion group, which is hosted by Yahoo also.

Jeanne Thursday, February 07, 2008 6:08:00 PM  

I use the one from my provider as well as yahoo. Yahoo is mostly for when I'm at the library or work and for stuff my home provider doesn't support. Something for you over at my blog. : )

Ted D Thursday, February 07, 2008 8:19:00 PM  

I'm lazy; just use the one my provider does.

This thing about Schill is harshng my Spring Training mellow.

gail@more than a song Thursday, February 07, 2008 9:30:00 PM  

My original one is by our provider and still the main one. I have several yahoo ones as well that are more convenient as far as being able to access them from any computer but I haven't been able to give any of them up yet! Eventually I might get a gmail acct too and see how I like it.

kreed Friday, February 08, 2008 9:44:00 AM  

I have been too lazy to switch from my hotmail account that i have had forever. Seems too hard to get my new address to everyone...

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Friday, February 08, 2008 11:44:00 AM  

I didn't vote, because my primary one is one we have on our website. I also use the one from our internet provider and a GMail one. I pop two of them on my laptop and access the GMail one from anywhere online.

Great question!

Lisa Carroll Friday, February 08, 2008 1:03:00 PM  

How funny. Hotmail was my very first emaill addy, too. :) I still use it for family related stuff. Then I got a Yahoo addy for more personal stuff, and of course ended up with a Gmail addy which I use strictly for blogging. I also used to have an excite account, but quit using it... not sure why. A friend of mine thinks it's odd that I have so many email addies and use them all. LOL She's like, "How do you keep them all straight?!" Uhh, it's not that difficult! LOL ;)

Lisa Carroll Friday, February 08, 2008 1:04:00 PM  

One thing that's weird... I have NEVER used my provider's email. Not sure why, either. LOL I just prefer the others over it, I guess. *shrug*

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP