Monday, February 11, 2008

I Am Curious: February 11, 2008

in the previous post, one of the questions got me thinking. the one about home pages.

i really like my home page. iGoogle gives me access to everything i need all in one place. link to my email. weather. top headlines. sports. movie times. my photos. there are literally thousands of gadgets available to customize your page. andall i have to do is log into Google & i have access to my personal homepage from any computer.

that's not even my favorite part though. i love that i can choose a theme for my page! i rotate between several, depending on the season (since i miss having four seasons & all -- right now, i am using Winter Scape), and the coolest part about the ones i use us that it asks me for my zip code when i select the theme & then the scene changes throughout the day! so right now, it looks like morning. and the sun will move across the sky, til it sets and turns to night -- just like outside! it's the simple things that make me happy, i tell you!

so... the part i was wondering...

what do you use for your homepage when you launch the internet?

11 with their own thoughts:

Bart Monday, February 11, 2008 7:32:00 PM  

Same. Convenient, ain't it?

Ted D Monday, February 11, 2008 8:33:00 PM  

Dawn, I use my blog.

Vain, I know. It used to be Surviving Grady before that. I can't stand seeing the latest news when I get on; I want to be happy, at least for awhile.

Jeanne Tuesday, February 12, 2008 10:45:00 AM  

Oohh I have an igoogle page and love all the fun stuff you can get. my favorite is the webcam from the aquarium oh and the eiffle tower. have to check out this background thing.

gail@more than a song Tuesday, February 12, 2008 10:45:00 AM  

Yahoo on my desktop upstairs...on new laptop that I keep mostly downstairs, just google comes up b/c I haven't taken the time to set it for anything else yet!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Tuesday, February 12, 2008 11:44:00 AM  

My default home page is our main website. That way, I can make sure it's up and running every day :)

I do use iGoogle though, and have for a while. I really like it. But you know what? I had NO IDEA you could do themes! I'm going to check them out right now!!! Thanks :)

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, February 12, 2008 11:53:00 AM  

Bart: Very. It's the first time I have actually both liked & had use for my homepage.

Ted: LOL! I considered using your blog too -- when you had a third baseman as your banner. ;-) As for the news, I have it positioned down toward the bottom of the page (you can move the sections around where you want them) so I don't have to see it if I don't want to. Up at the top, I have weather for all the places that are important to me, a slideshow of (and link to)my photos, a "post-it note" widget with notes to myself, and the latest sports headlines. But the best part is the theme at the top! It makes me happy.

Jeanne: I have not seen the aquarium webcam! I might need to check that out! I love the themes they offer. I am totally fascinated by the fact that the scene changes throughout the day!

Gail: I stumbled on the iGoogle thing by accident. Google used to be my homepage.

Stacy: I was willing to bet that is what you would say! But that makes sense, since you have a site that you keep up. I *love* the themes on iGoogle. The beach one is one of my very favorites. So peaceful. But I love the seasonal ones too. So... I change them up from time to time. =)

Anonymous,  Tuesday, February 12, 2008 2:36:00 PM  

Things like that make me happy too. A guy that I worked with once noticed that about me, and said in the middle of the office- "Little things make you happy." =)

Janet Tuesday, February 12, 2008 3:29:00 PM  

both at work and at home, I use blingo.com

But I DO have the CUTEST teahouse design with a cute lil fox and a turtle on my igoogle.

Lisa Carroll Tuesday, February 12, 2008 3:36:00 PM  

MSN.

*yawn*

BO - RING!

But I *do* have one of those cool weather buttons... mine's from weatherunderground.com. It also has a real-time background that changes with the weather inaddition to displaying time & temp. I have it on my family blog. :)

Vanessa Wednesday, February 13, 2008 2:07:00 AM  

I'm actually not sure I have a home page. I have a Mac and it never has to be closed and restarted. I am guilty of not doing the once a week restarts. I just close the lid when I'm done and when I open it again its right where I left it with all my writings, websites and email. I love it.

*krystyn* Wednesday, February 13, 2008 5:49:00 PM  

My home page is Blingo cuz I want to win some money (and you'll win too).

I do have a Google homepage though and thought the time change thing is pretty cool too!!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP