Saturday, July 16, 2005

of band geeks & goofballs & great memories

found this little bit of fun on My Life So Far & i couldn't resist. i've been meaning to get back to this topic since i posted some fun old pics for Chele's birthday anyway & this is the perfect opportunity! 4 years in the halls of Bristol Central High School...

1) Did you overall enjoy your high school years? oh heck yes, as much as anyone ever does. i think if you had asked me at the time i would have given you whatever typical teenage answer there is to that question but looking back, it was a lot of good times. would i go back? GOD NO. are you crazy?? who would want to relive their teenage years lol. but in retrospect, it's something i look back on with a ton of fond memories. (i'm probably just able to edit out the awful stuff at this point by sheer power of denial lol...)

2) Name of your best friend(s)? Chele, Brain, Shannon, Michael, Angela, Bev, Mike, Dan, Katie, Theresa

3) Did you have a boyfriend? a few Their names? Jamie, Dan (and his mother lol...), Todd & Michael

4) What was your favorite subject? anything related to English, creative writing, advanced vocab & anything in the music department

5) Jock? Geek? Rebel? Queen? Other? i really think i was just me with a healthy dose of band geek thrown in lol, able to get along with everyone

6) Favorite Teacher(s)? Ms Norton (3 years of homeroom & junior year English), Jim Tardif (senior year band director), Mr Geitz (sophmore & senior English), Dr Powers (advanced vocab)

7) Special Awards? National Honor Society & some Peer Leadership Award for band my senior year

8) Did you attend prom? sure did! both my junior & senior proms and the senior prom for the graduating class after me as well

9) Still live in same hometown as your h.s.? not even close!

10) Keep in touch w/anyone? a few people =)

11) Classmates would be surprised to know that I ____________ today: live 1200 miles away from Bristol, CT

and just for some added fun *evil laugh* and yes i do expect some hate mail for this but it'll be worth it ;-)

Spring 1994 on our music department trip to Virginia Beach. the pimp-daddies: Mike (on the left) & Brian (obviously on the right lol)

taken at my locker sometime in 1992 of my very own Chele--i think i have this same expression in about 5 other photos but this one is the best so try to ignore the finger in the way at the bottom lol




first of all there had to be *someone* posing in our wonderfully flattering marching band uniforms. it had to be done. can't relive a little high school without recalling those...things...lol. modeling this breathtaking fashion ensemble would be Michael (not to be confused with the Mike in the earlier photo)--my senior prom date--although he looked a lot better in a tux ;-) LOL









another of Chele, this time with Shannon, who, as you can see, did not get nicknamed Poofy for nothing!

and last not least, another of my high school boyfriends, Dan. i sure knew how to pick 'em back then huh? LOL

hmmmmm...seems someone is mysteriously missing here...who could it be?
=P

22 with their own thoughts:

Chele76 Saturday, July 16, 2005 9:54:00 PM  

You know you are forcing me to payback.... RIGHT? LOL

And an anouncement to all my fans.... PLEASE excuse the horrendous dye job and HUGE eyebrows of the pic above.... LOL

~**Dawn**~ Saturday, July 16, 2005 9:56:00 PM  

oh c'mon Chele...i was way more heartless with the photos of the others!! LOL

Chele76 Saturday, July 16, 2005 10:05:00 PM  

lol, TRUE. I guess I am trying to deny what I looked like in HS. LOL. I swear, that wasn't me!!!! LOL

~**Dawn**~ Saturday, July 16, 2005 10:08:00 PM  

LOL at least you're not going to be confused with a pimp. and you're not wearing that polyester nightmare with the dead bird stuffed into the top of the hat. and you just look shocked, not like a mental case like the one in the...ummm...last photo LOL...

Chele76 Saturday, July 16, 2005 10:18:00 PM  

I must admit, I also hope they don't confuse me with the others more because they are all (with the exception of Shan) male... and I am not. LOL

Chele76 Saturday, July 16, 2005 10:20:00 PM  

and my goodness those are HORRENDOUS plumes!!!!! I tell ya, huge difference in uniform quality when comparing high school to UConn. wow... not even in the same planet, never mind country, state, town.... then league. LOL

~**Dawn**~ Saturday, July 16, 2005 10:23:00 PM  

i do suspect to hear some hefty protesting when Brian stumbles on my little mischief here...

*evil laugh*

~**Dawn**~ Saturday, July 16, 2005 10:24:00 PM  

and i bet Michael won't be thrilled either.

hee hee hee
0=)

Chele76 Saturday, July 16, 2005 10:28:00 PM  

I'll keep that in mind when I drag my butt and look for some pics... lol ;)

~**Dawn**~ Saturday, July 16, 2005 10:31:00 PM  

i must admit to fear of your retaliation--i had some REALLY bad glasses in high school.

but i do not fear it enough to withdraw the photos of yourself. just remember, i went easy on you. i can always haul out the "good ones" if need be! ;-)

Chele76 Saturday, July 16, 2005 10:40:00 PM  

oh I would never do that... I meant that I could have fun looking for some pics of them as well. LOL

~**Dawn**~ Saturday, July 16, 2005 10:43:00 PM  

LOL let them try to make their own pacts not to embarrass one another too horribly huh? i would thikn Michael has some good ammo against me but probably not in Germany so i'm safe for a while longer there. and i don't know what Brian can do--doesn't seem like his blog is all that photo-friendly so i'm taking my chances there. the others? they would have to actually find this here in the first place right? ;-)

~**Dawn**~ Monday, July 18, 2005 2:49:00 PM  

lol...sorry...that one just makes me laugh so much. it's one of my favorites. and i think the ones of Michael & Dan are much worse LOL. but there have to be *some* privileges that remain when it comes to ex-boyfriends. ;-)

~**Dawn**~ Monday, July 18, 2005 2:57:00 PM  

you know i love ya babe! and if it makes you feel better, mike looking so characteristically stupid next to you makes you look much more normal. ;-) when (if LOL) i get around to posting a photo of myself from said time period, i promise you can laugh at my big dumb glasses. *cheesy grin*

Chele76 Monday, July 18, 2005 3:00:00 PM  

... or maybe that is to be a job for me...

~**Dawn**~ Monday, July 18, 2005 3:10:00 PM  

lol if you read the rest of this conversation, i think you will see that Chele & i have an "understanding" LOL...cause i have many of her that i can retaliate with. ;-) so she may find something equal to what i posted of her...but if she puts up a real zinger..."ah'll be bock"

hee hee hee

~**Dawn**~ Monday, July 18, 2005 3:18:00 PM  

that's a risky game to play. i have some REALLY good ones. of ALL of you!! *evil grin* maybe Chele & i will just gang up on those of you who are defenseless!!

~**Dawn**~ Monday, July 18, 2005 3:24:00 PM  

not so for me LOL!! i guess i have more at stake lol...it's funny to look back though! =)

Chele76 Monday, July 18, 2005 4:17:00 PM  

I just sit back and watch with my grin :)

~**Dawn**~ Tuesday, July 19, 2005 8:22:00 PM  

ah toughen up soldier. all in good fun. what good ar the photos if you can't gp back & laugh every now & again. ;-)

Jeanne Monday, February 25, 2008 10:45:00 AM  

Girl you are so brave posting high school pictures. Props! and a fun post.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP