Friday, July 1, 2005

8 truths & 2 lies revisited

we played a little game the other day, remember? i listed 10 statements & 2 of them were not true. it's time to unveil the answers!


1. i got my driver's license when i turned 18. lied right up front lol. actually i was 20.

2. i have never been issued a traffic citation of any sort, not even a warning. this is completely true. i have been stopped for various things: alcohol check point (i was drinking water & the officer laughed); had an emmissions sticker that had just expired (i was actually on my way there after the dr's appointment i was already late for); got into an accident but it wasn't my fault & the other girl actually admitted fault right to the officer at the scene. but never ever issued so much as a warning.

3. my very first car was a brand new black nissan altima that i leased all on my own. totally true. i could have gotten a better interest rate if i had had my grandfather co-sign the lease but i opted to do it solely on my own to help build my credit history. sometimes it pays to wait a few years to get licensed. ;-) lol

4. i have been wearing glasses since i was 7. also true, i was in the 2nd grade.

5. my hair used to be all the way down the middle of my back. yep believe it or not, i had really long hair. haven't for years though. once i started cutting it, i just kept going shorter & shorter (sometimes by my choice & sometimes by Joe's--my old *awesome* hair stylist!)

6. i was in marching band in high school. sure was. all 4 years. switched from flute to piccolo my senior year.

7. i majored in human services in college. here it is, the other lie! i started off as human services, hated it & changed to child development after 3 semesters.

8. i graduated 14th in my high school class. yes i did & i don't know how because i don't ever remember studying. sometimes i look back & wonder what on earth i was thinking...

9. i would love to see Jim Brickman in concert. i like all sorts of different music & yes Jim Brickman is one of them. i would really like to see him in a small intimate setting. i love piano solos. =)

10. i once had a 10 minute conversation with WWE celebrity Mick Foley (aka Mankind). also 100% the truth. i stood in line to get a book autographed for a Christmas gift. couldn't have cared less who this guy was. everyone else was fawning all over him, star struck. whoop. dee. doo. he probably liked that i wasn't acting all stupid & we stood there chatting about nothing lol.

2 with their own thoughts:

Anonymous,  Friday, July 01, 2005 4:32:00 PM  

You didn't get your license until you were 20????? lol, why????

~**Dawn**~ Friday, July 01, 2005 8:07:00 PM  

i don't know lol. no need to? didn't feel like it? hated driving? (still hate driving!) BUT i also leased my first car in my own name, brand spankin' new, which is better than anyone else i know who either got a hand-me-down or whose parents help them by something little and/or crappy--soooo many jealous friends at the time because NONE of them had a *new* car yet never mind for their first car! oh & car insurance? SO cheap! i don't regret it at all actually--waiting that is. i think alot of kids are nowhere near ready to handle the responsibility of driving as young as they are licensed.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP