Sunday, July 10, 2005

on making mistakes in life

(from an interview with Michael Bolton in Good Housekeeping magazine July 2005)

Is there any part of your life you would do over?

"You know, I don't think so. At some point, you realize that the decisions you make are all part of the bigger picture, one that you cannot understand until later in life. So I really like to think that the mistakes I've made may have happened for a reason that I just might not be aware of yet."

for a girl who takes everything to heart, who hates to let anyone down or disappoint them in any way, this is very much an attitude i would like to adapt into my way of thinking. Lord know i've made my share of mistakes & then some. it would be good to be able to write them off as having some larger purpose, some lesson learned, something that will become apparent as more of my life unfolds. it shouldn't really be that far a stretch for me as i already believe that my life experiences are priceless--even the bad ones--as they made me who i am today & without them i may not be where i am now or have had some of the good experiences that have happened since. i guess that's back to the inspiration for my blog title as well: "every long lost dream led me to where you are-others who broke my heart, they were like northern stars-pointing me on my way into your loving arms-this much i know is true-that God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you"

here's to taking our mistakes & letting them be part of the bigger picture.

1 with their own thoughts:

Mike Sunday, July 10, 2005 7:00:00 PM  

Cheers! I'll drink to that.

I wrote something similar to that on my blogs.

Take a look.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP