Thursday, July 7, 2005

oh yeah...

...and we have our first official huricane of the season. a full month earlier than last year's. yippee. Dennis is a solid Category 2 with sustained winds of 105mph & looking like he's gaining strength. they are watching for him to become a major hurricane before he makes landfall sometime on sunday or monday. thankfully it looks like he will be staying well off to our west in the Gulf...although my thoughts & prayers are with those where ever he decides to come ashore--right now looking like it could be Alabama.

thoughts & prayers for London as well with the terroist attacks on their transportation systems. and a watchful eye cast as threats against more cities have been made by this same group taking responsibility for the explosions. so grateful for our troops who tirelessly & selflessly risk themselves to protect us all from these vicious attacks against innocent people.

and one last passing thought:

Across a crowded room
I know you know what I'm thinking
By the way I look at you
And when we're lying in the quiet
And no words have to be said
I think to myself, I think to myself
This love is a beautiful gift

I have been blessed
And I feel like I've found my way
I thank God for all I've been given
At the end of every day
I have been blessed
With so much more than I deserve
To be here with the ones that love me
To love them so much it hurts
I have been blessed

(from "Blessed" by Martina McBride)

0 with their own thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP