Thursday, March 20, 2008

TAG!

tagged by Holly

What I was doing 10 years ago:
i was 21. working in daycare. and my baby brother was still three months from being born. wow... ten years ago. crazy.

Five things on my To Do List today:
today is almost over! and tomorrow is Good Friday, so the only thing on my list is to work & go to church. why don't we talk about what i need to do on Saturday when i actually have a list:
1. haircut/highlights
2. go to David's Bridal to get my dress for Alison's wedding ordered
3. grocery shopping
4. stop at the bank
5. see if i can find a pair of sandals since it's starting to warm up & my last pair got retired

Snacks I enjoy:
green grapes. Garden Salsa Sun Chips. chocolate. ice cream. Wheat Thins.

Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
i hate this question! i can't even fathom this. i woud be responsible with my money. not go crazy spending. but i would definitely spoil my loved ones. and see the Disney Parks in Asia & Europe. oh yeah & own a better camera. ;-)

Three of my bad habits:
1. apologizing for things that are not my fault
2. being excessively critical & demanding of myself
3. not saying no when i need to because i hate letting other people down. i would rather inconvenience or compromise myself than disappoint someone else.

Five places I have lived:
1. Bristol, CT
2. Terryville, CT
3. Davenport, FL
4. Clermont, FL
5. Auburndale, FL

Five jobs I've had:
1. receiving clerk for Bloomingdale's By Mail
2. receptionist for a small computer company
3. daycare provider for sixteen babies between the ages of six weeks and two years (five years' worth!)
4. accounts payable *and* receivable for TWO dealerships simultaneously (have i mentioned how bad i am at math?? this was the longest two years of my life. i was pretty good at it, if i say so myself, but i will *never* do that again.)
5. Lifestyle Assistant at the clubhouse of an active senior community (fancy way of saying i worked in the office and handed out poker chips & pool passes)

Current position:
office administration. that's the best way to describe it. there are way too many facets of my job to even start listing. let's just say it all starts & ends right at my desk.

no tagging. if you want to play along, consider yourself tagged. and let me know so i can check out your answers!

7 with their own thoughts:

Ingrid Thursday, March 20, 2008 11:42:00 PM  

I can't even imagine working at a daycare. You must be a saint. that weird daycare smell would have me out the door in five minutes!

Green grapesare a fave of mine too :)

kreed Thursday, March 20, 2008 11:47:00 PM  

You have had some interesting jobs and bless you for ever doing daycare - I am pretty sure it takes a saint to do it and do it well (which I feel very sure you did!).

BTW, you are very right about the scenery being better in baseball and too much equipment in football to enjoy the view!

Debi Friday, March 21, 2008 9:32:00 AM  

What a difference 10 years can make, huh? I would love to work with infants through 2-year-olds! Three- and four-year-olds...you couldn't pay me enough! Without question, three was the age of greatest turmoil with each of my munchkins! (Never understood the whole "terrible two" label.) But babies...oh man, I'd have a million of them if they would just stay babies. Okay, not really, but you know what I mean.

My husband loves those Garden Salsa Sun Chips, too. I'm sure you were dying to know that :)

Anonymous,  Friday, March 21, 2008 11:18:00 AM  

Can I come with you to get my hair highlighted?- It's been 6 months for me (you can get away from it more in New England winters ;)

Also, I have a certificate from a junior college for Office Administration. Having worked in offices for years, I have to say that I'm trying to imagine what might be tougher?- Your daycare job or the OA :D The senior center sounded sweet.

Michelle Quinno Friday, March 21, 2008 11:53:00 AM  

I like the sounds of that Life Asst. job! LOL I wouldn't take the day care one.

~**Dawn**~ Sunday, March 23, 2008 12:41:00 PM  

Ingrid: Some people just call me crazy... ;-) We kept our room pretty good-smelling for an infant room though. Air fresheners near the diaper pails. Windows open for fresh air whenever we could. Lots of Lysol. It mostly smelled clean. (Most of the time. LOL!)

kreed: It is one of the very few things I will actually admit to doing well. I really understand little babies & young toddlers. =)

Debi: It is so rewarding! I loved it (minus any throwing up once they start on solids LOL!). Too bad it doesn't pay the bills. =/ I could handle them up to 3 years old. It's the 4 and 5 year olds that drive me insane, with the whining & the tattling & the bickering & the sassing back & the know-it-all-ness. No thank you. =P

Caroline: You would have had to go bridesmaid dress shopping afterward though. =P And you are spot on: it's hard to imagine which was the more demanding position... but most days I think they are actually the same job. ;-)

mamichelle: That was a fun job. Very easy (most days, until the seniors started acting like my daycare babies with the squabbling lol) & I even got to be creative, making posters for the classes & clubs. I mostly worked evenings & weekends, by myself, but there were always people around to chat with. I could play online a little & watch tv. The only pitfall: my boss was straight up psycho. =P

Anonymous,  Monday, March 24, 2008 1:39:00 PM  

When did you live in Terryville? I wrote for the Waterbury Republican for much of the 1990s, and was the Plymouth/Thomaston reporter in 1998 and 1999.

Just wonderin'.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP