Monday, March 17, 2008

the closer we get, the slower time goes...

a few random thoughts spinning off today's Sox-Yanks Spring Training game.

1. Colon's line: 3 walks. 2 strike outs. 4 runs on 3 hits. all in 2/3 of an inning pitched. and a one-way ticket to Pawtucket, i hope.

2. Julian came out & plunked Jeter, then caught Benedict Damon looking. ::suppressing a smirk::

3. Youk hit a pretty little home run. bodes well for many things. including two of my three fantasy baseball teams.

4. some punk named Albaladejo came thisclose to hitting Papi. maybe we should go over the rules one more time: there is no hitting of the Papi!

5. the YES guys spent a good deal of time salivating over Julian, saying how versatile he is & how they could sure use someone like that in their bullpen & how the Sox are open to trading him. if anything, this should be incentive for the Sox to hold onto him like he is made of gold.

6. Girardi sure was chatting it up with the YES guys today. he was giving them a *ton* of information. which leads me to ask: if we listen to his interviews, are we going to find ourselves charged with spying on our opponent?

7. most comedic moment of the game: learning that Hip Hip Jorge had to have extra wires specially added to his catcher's mask to protect his ears. thank God our pitchers have nice normal-sized ears tucked right up against their heads, that do not require special additions to their gear.

i refuse to discuss the score of this game. they started Pettitte to our Colon. they had a headstart before the first pitch eas even thrown. i am really just ready to be done with this pre-season nonsense. let's play some games for real already!

10 with their own thoughts:

Ted D Monday, March 17, 2008 10:45:00 PM  

The fact Colon is throwing gas in his second appearance gives me immense hope.

Do NOT throw at the Large Father. In fact, if it's not right over the plate and in his wheelhouse, I'm considering it suspect. Be prepared to deal with the consequences.

Posada has to have a special mask?
He's a WDW character come to life.

~**Dawn**~ Monday, March 17, 2008 10:55:00 PM  

What we need from Colon is for him to not get hit just as hard as he is throwing.

You should have seen Papi shrink back to avoid that pitch. I didn't like that jerking motion on his recently surgically-repaired knee. And by some punk kid who get the leftover letters from when they were done Mientkiewicz's last name.

It really is very hard to take Posada seriously.

Ted D Monday, March 17, 2008 11:03:00 PM  

He'll get his control over time. It's just his second appearance, so I'm hopeful.

This is a great low risk, high reward by Theo.

And blogger video can go pound sand where the sun don't shine.

~**Dawn**~ Monday, March 17, 2008 11:05:00 PM  

I am still nowhere near ready to see his name slated in our starting rotation.

Ted D Monday, March 17, 2008 11:11:00 PM  

You've got about a month or so.

Then we'll see whether he's a go or not.

I think if he's close, they send Clay back to the minor leagues for a little while longer.

~**Dawn**~ Monday, March 17, 2008 11:45:00 PM  

I think I will need to break out my stash of Tums & Pepto left over from the Rudy Seanez Experience...

Jeanne Tuesday, March 18, 2008 9:09:00 AM  

Okay we won't discuss the score. Can we discuss how nice and warm and sunny it was? I got to watch the game on NESN in replay. Hadn't seen the score ahead of time to spoil the joy for me.

Scott Tuesday, March 18, 2008 10:06:00 AM  

I've always called Posada Mickey Mouse and have been known to start singing out M-I-C K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E when he comes up to bat. Man,those things are like satellite dishes sticking out of his head.

Pocklock Tuesday, March 18, 2008 9:51:00 PM  

I can't tell you how awesome it is that you post this. I was so pissed I missed the game. We get YES. I should've remembered to TiVo!

What's with Colon? Are we really thinking he's Pawtucket bound for good? Eek. Joshy needs some magic healing beans!

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, March 19, 2008 11:26:00 AM  

Jeanne: I think I take the warm & sunny part for granted! And then I see the photos on some of your blogs...

Scott: I am seriously LOL. You know what else he makes me think of? One of those gophers or prairie dogs that pop up out of holes in the ground. He is far too comical looking.

Pocklock: I'm glad you're enjoying it! I still can't believe I got stuck with the YES guys. Don't they know I need some Remy & Don?? I don't know what is with Colon, but I know I am nowhere near prepared to see his name in our rotation. Not without some precription drugs anyway. ;-)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP