Wednesday, March 5, 2008

i'm not a real blonde. i just play one on tv.

someone that works out in the shop was in the office filling out some paperwork for direct deposit today. he told me that he liked my new hair cut & color.

the thing is... i am two & a half weeks out from my next cut & highlight.

on one hand, it reaffirms for me that this slight variation we made to my "standard style" really is effective as it grows out. it doesn't look shaggy. it just looks like a completely different style. on the other hand, apparently people think i am really blonde so when it grows out a bit in my natural color, they think i've done something new. i have been toying with the idea of going with something closer to my natural brunette color, just for a change -- can't change the style because i swear it was actually made for my hair as i almost never have a bad hair day! -- but my regular brown is just... blah. i would want something warmer & i am not really sure how that would look with the color God gave me, where as the blonde contrasts it nicely. and i don't really want an all-over color. highlights are much easier to grow out & require much less "root maintenance".

::sigh:: it's a lot of work to be a girl.

at least he didn't say it looks bad, right?

8 with their own thoughts:

Ted D Wednesday, March 05, 2008 7:22:00 PM  

Not sure what a guy reading a post about hair color is supposed to say, so I'll just go with.....

MIKE LOWELL!!!

gail@more than a song Wednesday, March 05, 2008 8:06:00 PM  

You're right that it's work to be a girl! And highlights do help with "root maintenance as you said. :)

Ingrid Wednesday, March 05, 2008 11:28:00 PM  

At least you keep up on the whole maintenance thing. I had to stop coloring because I just couldn't do it.

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, March 06, 2008 9:20:00 AM  

Ted: WHERE??? (FYI: If this were Ang talking about hair color, the correct response would be that she looks beautiful to you no matter what her hair looks like, but then you have to actually notice when her hair is different.)

Gail: I'm telling you, sometimes I think guys really got the better end of the deal. ;-)

Ingrid: I have to get my hair cut every 8 weeks because I keep it so short. And I am good about always going because I hate when it gets too long. (Which is still short by many people's standards but whatever.) I actually get highlights every other haircut & since I am already sitting in the chair, it doesn't take much effort to keep up with it.

Anonymous,  Thursday, March 06, 2008 10:46:00 AM  

That's awesome. And an observant man for noticing ANY change in your hair! I notice for me (this just happened again recently) that about 2-3 weeks after I color my hair (I do it VERY dark brunette now...I LOVE it. My natural color is a mousey-brown but haven't been that color in quite some time) everyone thinks I've done something different with my hair. I usually have to reply,
"Yeah, I colored it. THREE WEEKS ago." LOL

Jeanne Thursday, March 06, 2008 4:43:00 PM  

lol I know what you mean. Mine is naturally curly so if I straighten it some or condition it so it's not so bushy I get the did you get a cut? do something different? fill in the blank. Doesn't take much to confuse.

kreed Thursday, March 06, 2008 10:30:00 PM  

I'm just impressed a guy noticed anything about hair (no offense guys!) - my husband maintains there is a gene that makes men oblivious to any new cut and/or color.

~**Dawn**~ Friday, March 07, 2008 8:23:00 AM  

April: That is how most of the guys here are. They will notice but like three weeks after the fact. And they think it *just* happened. Ummm... no. LOL

Jeanne: It's really funny to watch someone try to figure it out. I've to know what that stare looks like. Like they are trying to figure out what's different but they can't quite out their finger on it and they are trying not to get caught staring, but they are *so* obvious. LOL!

kreed: That theory really makes me wonder why we even kill ourselves trying... LOL!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP