Wednesday, March 12, 2008

sticking my head in the sand

what do you mean Josh's back will almost definitely prevent the ace from pitching the season opener? i have no idea what you are even talking about.

i think Cheerio Mouth has the right idea. hear no evil, see no evil...

is it my imagination or does Manny's batting helmet look bigger than the others? i mean, he *does* have all those dreads to fit in there...


the more i study these photos, the more i am thinking that Lowell & Papelbon should have swapped partners. Lowell's dance partner's outfit would have really complimented Jon's lace shirt look. and am i crazy (shut it) or is that photo of Mike just a little too... Rico Suave. Mike in a suit? gooood. Mike in home whites? gooood. Mike looking like a Cuban playboy? don't crush my dreams.



someday, Dustin Pedroia's future children (OMG how scary is that thought...?) are going to need therapy to get over the discovery of this photo.


do you see what i see? someone (not named Tek or Timlin) is wearing his Sox properly. someone gets a cookie!


see Papi rivlaing Tom Brady with the GQ look. see Tek looking all professional. see Lowell looking... ::loses train of thought:: anyway. upper right hand corner of the photo. that's Lestah and... Stick Bug? because they look kind of... possessed. and up to no good.


this just hurts my brain. probably even more than the times i've seen Bill Belichick or Trot Nixon in suits & ties.


but this? i think we need to keep Bobby Kielty based solely on that fact that he pulls this look off perfectly. never mind the World Series winning home run & all. seriously, scroll back up there & look at that other photo. everyone in traditional grey, black, navy. this is a man who isn't afraid to define his own style.

(all photos from the Boston Globe)

the Sox are up 3-0 against the Twins in the bottom of the fourth. Stick Bug has pitched three solid shutout innings. no hits, no runs, no walks. three Ks. and he's back out for another inning of work now, with a first pitch strike. in other game stats: Speedy McEllsbury stole a base. Papi & Manny are dueling for doubles (one each in this game, three each for Spring Training). and Tek hit a solo shot.

full steam ahead. less than two weeks til Opening Day!

hmmm... apparently Andy Pettitte was scratched due to elbow inflammation. someone better remind him that HGH isn't an option this time.

7 with their own thoughts:

Ted D Wednesday, March 12, 2008 6:34:00 PM  

And the Sox TAKE THE MAYOR'S CUP!

WOOT!!

Dawn, I think thats Timlin with his socks pulled up. Not sure, though.

Pictures of ballplayers in suits always cracks me up, because most of them look so uncomfortable. Lowell and Papi? Thumbs up.

//and am i crazy//

::sits on hands::

Nichole M Wednesday, March 12, 2008 7:31:00 PM  

i'm so loving all your picture posts about the boys, even if I can't comment on them all! A few observations of my own:

1. omg. I *love* Cheerio Mouth. He's freaking hilarious.

2. You're totally right about Lowell in that picture. Too much Cuban lover going on here. What are these guys doing, anyway??

3. Based on Cheerio Mouth's top and belt, I would say he's gay. Is he?

4. ::shakes head:: oh, Pocket. Why did you draw on your chest with a sharpie? It doesn't make it sexier...

5. Yay! More red socks!

6. I had no *idea* how bad Lester's receding hair line is! Thank god they play with hats on...

7. Tito owns a suit? But doesn't that make him uncomfortable??

8. If that pic of Kielty was taken at the same presidential event, then he was totally inappropriately dressed! :-O However, if he's just travelling or whatever, he's totally GQ. Love that he's not afraid of a color that resembles pink.

And lastly...

I WANT MY BASEBALL!!!!!!

Ingrid Thursday, March 13, 2008 1:02:00 AM  

What's up with my boys rumbling with the D Rays?
I'm kind of wishing we could be down there for a game. If ther's this much drama now..what will it be like in two months?!

Mom Thursday, March 13, 2008 12:01:00 PM  

I love your baseball posts!

Redbeard76 Thursday, March 13, 2008 1:32:00 PM  

Kielty looks ready for his Miami Vice audition. Just sayin'.

And stick bug? What is that? Looks like Buchholz to me.

No mention of Lugo. I just have to say he looks like he could be in the Secret Service.

Jeanne Thursday, March 13, 2008 4:39:00 PM  

OMG I love those dancing pictures. Gotta send my friend Kim over here she's a major Sox fan.

~**Dawn**~ Monday, March 17, 2008 11:42:00 PM  

Ted: Ha ha. You are sooo funny. =P Are you sure that is Timlin?? That player looks so young to me for some reason...

Nichole: Cheerio Mouth is indeed a prize. You just never know what you're going to get... Lowell, Papelbon & Pedroia (Cora too but there was no photo graphic evidence of him) were in a dance-off competition to benefit Lowell's charity.

Ingrid: Your boys get sent to timeout!!! =O

Steph: Yay! I'm glad you are enjoying them!

Redbeard: Stick Bug = Buchholz. Which reminds me that I really should do a nicknames post for all my wonderful bloggy pals who haven't been through a Sox season with me yet...

Jeanne: See why it's fun not to make all your players look & act the same?? (LOL! I kid! I kid!)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP