Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!


Vain the stone, the watch, the seal;
Christ hath burst the gates of hell.
Death in vain forbids His rise;
Christ has opened paradise.

Lives again our glorious King!
Where, O Death, is now thy sting?
Once He died our souls to save;
Where thy victory, O grave?

(Christ the Lord Is Risen Today," v. 3 and 4)

6 with their own thoughts:

Brian in Oxford Sunday, March 23, 2008 7:10:00 PM  

a-a-a-ah-ah, leia-loo-hoo-ya....

happy easter dawn!

Ted D Sunday, March 23, 2008 8:12:00 PM  

Dawn, I'm really enjoying your Easter posts.

Nichole M Sunday, March 23, 2008 11:21:00 PM  

Every time I hear the words that are spoken during the Triduum or the Easter services, my mind goes directly to hearing Handel's Messiah in my head.

The Lord is risen, indeed! ALLELUIA!

Anonymous,  Monday, March 24, 2008 12:20:00 AM  

Hope you had a terrific Easter, Dawn. Nice job with the thoughtful holiday postings, by the way.

Anonymous,  Monday, March 24, 2008 12:26:00 AM  

By the way ... I'm out early this morning picking up some Easter lilies to bring to a family brunch (thanks, CVS!), and what do I hear on the radio? Live Sox from Japan! Even though it was exhibition ball, it made me feel good to hear live baseball on the radio. It was late in the game, too late to hear J.D.'s grand slam, but his lively bat is good news. I'm totally getting up at 6 a.m. Tuesday to watch opening day.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP