Tuesday, March 4, 2008

animal crackers in my soup

ok, i have *no* idea what that title has to do with anything, but i was getting ready to share some photos from Animal Kingdom on Saturday, and trying to think of something animal-related... and that's all i've got.

ummmm... yeah.

let's just move along to the photos, mm-kay?

i obviously have a thing for the parrots, but can you blame me with all those gorgeous vibrant colors?


speaking of vibrant colors that i can't resist, the flowers in this park are *amazing*.


how cool is this shot?! i think it's my favorite from the whole bunch.


have you ever been this close to a White Rhino?


and this guy is a Scimitar-horned Oryx. he is the symbol of the Kilamanjaro Safari. and i cannot even tell you the sheer luck by which this photo was taken. the fact that it came out is nothing short of shocking. ;-)

13 with their own thoughts:

Nichole M Tuesday, March 04, 2008 10:41:00 PM  

The giraffe pic is so cool! I always thought it was trippy that their tongues are black.

This is a much nicer picture than the video of giraffes fighting I saw on You Tube the other day. Thanks to Marrocco. :-P

Ted D Tuesday, March 04, 2008 10:53:00 PM  

The giraffe Picture is wicked awesome.

And I'm partial to Parrots too, since I found out the Sox bullpen calls itself the Black Pearl.

justem Tuesday, March 04, 2008 11:24:00 PM  

oh i LOVE that song!! and your pictures are wonderful!

Debi Wednesday, March 05, 2008 6:57:00 AM  

Ah man, it looks so warm and summer-like there!

Gorgeous, gorgeous pictures, Dawn!

Anonymous,  Wednesday, March 05, 2008 8:22:00 AM  

Glad you had a nice time. I have an incredible photo of two giraffes from last year - I shall post it.

Mega Wednesday, March 05, 2008 9:59:00 AM  

I like the rhino! Did they let you hand feed him?

John-Michael Wednesday, March 05, 2008 10:37:00 AM  

Try as we may, and try as we might ... we can never surpass, what nature does right. (hey!! that rhyms!! COOL!)

Terrific shots ... and animal crackers in New England clam chowder sounds wonderful about now.

Anonymous,  Wednesday, March 05, 2008 10:57:00 AM  

Awesome. I love the Rhino!

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, March 05, 2008 11:04:00 AM  

Nichole: Marracco scares me just a little. ;-)

Ted: I love that they are a band of pirates out there & won't tell anyone their nicknames!

Em: Is it stuck in your head now too?

Debi: It's probably Summer by your standards, but for me, it feels like Spring. It's in the mid-70s during the day, breezy & low humidity. Darn near perfect.

Carol: Like Sox games, I am always guaranteed to have good time when I go to WDW. I am a spoiled girl having it in my backyard.

Mega: All hands & feet must stay inside the vehicle at all times. They do a special "backstage tour" though & you might be able to hand feed them there. White Rhinos are not aggressive like their Black Rhino cousins.

John-Michael: Thanks for stopping by! (And I just had clam chowdah for dinner last night, leftovers for lunch today! No animal crackers in it though.)

Pocklock: Some of the animals were very up close & personal with our vehicle on Saturday. The White Rhinos are usually a lot more shy & hang back from the road a bit, but they were so close this time!

Lisa Carroll Wednesday, March 05, 2008 1:49:00 PM  

Oooh! Awesome pics!!

Giraffe tongues just gross me out. LOL :P

gail@more than a song Wednesday, March 05, 2008 8:11:00 PM  

It's a Shirley Temple song! Perfect for your post. :)
I LOVE that giraffe shot, very cool! And the flowers and parrot are so pretty too.

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, March 06, 2008 10:10:00 AM  

Thanks, Lis! Giraffe tongues make me laugh. And when I've fed a giraffe, it makes me laugh *really* hard.

Gail: The flowers at Animal Kingdom are so pretty. So tropical looking! They are pretty in all the parks, but the flowers they use in this one are so different from the others!

Janet Wednesday, March 12, 2008 4:31:00 PM  

I went there on the 8th...no giraffes! But I did get an awesome shot of one of the tigers, one of the bats and a sheep in the petting area :-)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP