Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Great Peter Gammons has spoken.

he believes that Jed Lowrie will be a key player for the Sox in the second half of the season. Jed Lowrie who plays SS.

(photo from Yahoo! Sports)
from his lips to God's ears. so let it be written, so let it be done.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
and as i type this, old friend D-Lowe hits Dougie, who trots to first, biting back a smile. Ellsbury just knocked one into center, it bounces off the Giant Glass sign & Dougie is chugging around third... oh wait. they're calling it a ground rule double because the sign is just beyond the outfield wall. Dougie was digging hard. i hope he didn't just use up his entire running quota for 2008 in a meaningless Spring Training game. Pedroia belts one into second on a stand-up double, sending Dougie & Speedy McEllsbury across the plate.

ahhh... you hear that, my friends? baseball season is fast approaching.

11 with their own thoughts:

Ted D Thursday, March 06, 2008 3:14:00 PM  

WOOT!!!!!

Baseball!

I'm watching when I get home. Yes, I TiVo'd a Spring Training game.

That doesn't make me crazy.

Deranged, yes.

And your disgust of all things Lugo just cracks me up!

Anonymous,  Thursday, March 06, 2008 4:03:00 PM  

OMG. Can you PLEASE post a game-cap like that EVERY. DAY? You just made me SOOOOO happy! We can't get the games because my stupid cable provider SUCKS and we wait until the real season starts to get the MLB Package.

You know what really adds insult to injury? We get the stupid YES network. IN HD! I can't watch the Skankees any time I want. IN HD. IIIEEEEEW.

Jeanne Thursday, March 06, 2008 4:41:00 PM  

If Peter Gammon said it, it must be so! It's getting closer my friend! Baseball season! Can you smell it? jock straps and hot dogs..Mmmmm hehe

Ingrid Friday, March 07, 2008 12:23:00 AM  

I can't wait! :)

I was just looking for Sox tickets last night and feeling all happy inside!

~**Dawn**~ Friday, March 07, 2008 8:18:00 AM  

Ted: If I couldn't have watched it from work, I would have DVR'd it myself. So if you're deranged, we both are. As for The Human Void? There is no love. Ick.

Pocklock: Just wait til we really get rolling with the season. I rarely miss watching a game & I have commentary on every one of them. This place becomes Sox overload (much to the dismay of *some* of my ::gasp:: non-baseball-fan readers!) but I can't help it. At least my addiction is totally legal.

Jeanne: LOL! I don't know how I feel about the smell of *anyone's* jock strap. Not even Mike Lowell's. Especially because I know he had the same glove for like five years (might have been eight...) & I can't imagine that smelled all that great either.

Ingrid: Wait... I thought you & Jeanne were my I'll-turn-my-head-the-other-way-because-I-like-you Yankee fans? You were excited about *Sox* tickets?? Maybe there is hope for you yet... ;-)

JMP Friday, March 07, 2008 10:01:00 AM  

No love from Dawn for Lugo.... poor guy. :>(

Well I feel the same way about Dougie. May be one day we will both be doing the happy dance.

I should be satisfied that Gag-me is off the team. But his ugly puss keeps showing up in the news. I still think he was a Yankee 5th column member...

And was nice to see Torre out of that Yanker uniform!!!

John-Michael Friday, March 07, 2008 11:18:00 AM  

I do hope that you have your guest accommodations in order for your Up-yonder friends who plan their holidays around spring training in Florida. (As the Florida branch of a Toronto company, we ALWAYS had folks here in Tampa for "important conferences" during spring training season.)

(and did I really hear "(meaningless Spring Training game)" ... SACRILEGE!!

Anonymous,  Friday, March 07, 2008 12:03:00 PM  

You're geographically close enough to Lugo right now that he feels your vibe, and it isn't helping. We must nurture the fragile back to emotional health.

Hey, speaking of Lowrie, would you have accepted the Lester-Coco-Lowrie-Masterson deal for Santana, if it meant keeping him away from the Yankees? At the time, I would have said yes, but now that Johan's in Flushing, I'm pretty giddy that we were able to keep all the youngsters. And who knows ... maybe Lugo will feel a little extra heat this year, to positive effect.

And I still hope Johan's arm falls off, 'cause bad stuff happening to the Mets is almost as good as bad stuff happening to the Yankees. It makes the sun shine and babies smile.

Amy Friday, March 07, 2008 10:49:00 PM  

Hi Dawn! I tagged you on my blog. :)

Ted D Sunday, March 09, 2008 8:51:00 PM  

::taps on glass::

Hello?

Dawn?

HELLLLLOOOOOOOO?

It's been 3 days.

That'll be enough of that, thanks.

:)

~**Dawn**~ Monday, March 10, 2008 12:51:00 PM  

JMP: Dougie frustrates me sometimes, but I will take him for as long as it means we get to have Wake. I love that flutterball, fickle or not. And after the Josh Bard Experiment, I am just happy to have Wakey be comfortable for his starts. The Wakabelli Show needs to remain intact. I am just not ready to see Wake hang it up yet.

John-Micahel: The way they keep losing, I *need* to tell myself that it's meaningless! ;-)

Joe B: Lugo is broken. >=] ::hides voodoo doll:: I am actually very happy the Santana trade did not go through. I want to hold onto our youth. I would have given them Coco & Lester & maybe Masterson, but I was adamant about not giving up Buchholz, Ellsbury & Lowrie. I actually don't mind the Mets so much, not that I root for them, but just based on knowing it makes the Yankees mad when the Mets are better than they are. I reserve all my non-Yankee-team ill will for the Tampa Bay Rays. =P

Amy: I have been away from my computer for a few days but I will be sure to check it out soon! Trying to get caught on my blogging, my blog-visiting, replying to blog comments & all my email! Ack! It snowballed out of control!

Ted: Sorry. ::hangs head:: I coordinated a Fantasy Baseball Draft for another league -- a live on -- and got a bit burned out on technology. Then Saturday I was busy *and* got robbed of an hour of my time! I needed Sunday to regroup. I am getting it back together now. It's good to be missed though! =)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP