Tuesday, March 25, 2008

i get by with a little help from my friends

JD Drew a last minute scratch? no problem! Brandon Moss will help him out! and come up with a game-tying solo shot in the top of the ninth!

(Yahoo! Sports)

Matsuzaka having a rough start? obligatory home run given up? don't worry. Cap'n Tek will settle him down.

(Boston Globe)

looks like Oakland might try to extend that one-run lead in the eighth? Ellsbury's got a Coco catch up his sleeve. (hey! speaking of sleeve. his one lucky long sleeve is gone!)

(Boston Globe)

Sox need runs? who ya gonna call? Manny!! bases clearing double in the sixth and then again in the tenth to break the tie!

(Boston Globe)

Jon did not look like $800k today. just sayin'. but a base-running blunder from the A's certainly saved his save for him when he couldn't seem to place a pitch for any amount of money.

(Boston Globe)

do you suppose they have an Anti-MVP Award they could give to JFL, though? (that's Julio Freaking Lugo, for those of you joining us late.) because *that* would help *me*. ok fine. i will begrudgingly admit he had a decent game. i'm sure that won't last though. =P

it's ok. i think i can "settle" for a 1-0 start. bright & early again folks! actually, so early, even the sun's not up yet. let's go Lestah!!

8 with their own thoughts:

Bart Wednesday, March 26, 2008 6:58:00 AM  

Seat o' your pants, for sure.

That Ellsbury catch was phenom, though. And by default, the number one web gem so far this season.

You know what I hated most about this Japan opener thing? Deprived us O's fans of being able to stick our tongues in our cheeks and go "well, we were all tied for first on Opening Day."

Bart Wednesday, March 26, 2008 7:00:00 AM  

By the way, your opening day countdown says 11 hours...whoopsie. :D

Redbeard76 Wednesday, March 26, 2008 8:46:00 AM  

"settle" for a 1-0 start?

I wouldn't call that settling. now today if we go on to lose, then i'll settle for a 1-1 start. Why "settle" when we are celebrating?

Sorry to nitpick but it bothers me that we're looking for negatives when we win, like things aren't good enough. okay, i'll get off my soapbox now.

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, March 26, 2008 11:40:00 AM  

Bart: Well we're all evened back up now. Sort of. LOL! And ummm... the clock is counting *up* now since the start of the season. I do appear to have selected PM when I meant AM though. Oops. Either way, it's coming down now. Well, not *right* now. But soon.

Ted: I think Rakes is lacing your breakfast with hallucinogens.

Redbeard: Sarcasm, my friend. I promise. ;-)

Nichole M Wednesday, March 26, 2008 12:13:00 PM  

Am I the only one who noticed that Moss' cup may be a little... um... generous? I'm also thankful that Tek has not taken on the gayest of all Posada practices -- painting his fingernails white. Nevermind that he's smaking some guy's ass.

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, March 26, 2008 1:03:00 PM  

Nichole: I did *not* notice that about Moss! LOL! Tek would never paint his nails and I am choosing to believe his hand never made contact -- if you look closely, it is NOT touching Matsuzaka! LOL!

Bickley Thursday, March 27, 2008 4:07:00 AM  

Great pictures...I had just set my 'puter wallpaper as the Ellsbury catch when I scrolled down to that absolutely wonderful pic of Manny. I had to switch to that one. It's priceless.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP