Sunday, March 23, 2008

pretty in pink?

we hear all these horror stories about bridesmaid dresses. actually... there's something to that really. i mean, i've worn my fair share of... well...

(a cousin's wedding, June 1981)


(my aunt's wedding, June 1985)


(my mom's wedding, June 1993 -- that's me all the way to the right)


(my dad's wedding, June 1997)

Saturday, though, i went to try on my dress for Alison's wedding. and it.is.gorgeous. she picked a beautiful dress. flattering style. and a shade of pink that actually looks good on me.


that being said, thank God she did not pick clover green -- the color of my sample -- because a) ick, 2) made me look kinda sick and d) can you say Jolly Green Giant? speaking of color: with the exception of the floral dress for my mother's wedding, every wedding i've been in, i've worn pink. and even the floral one had pink in it! note to self: if you ever end up getting married, pick some other color than pink. ;-)

13 with their own thoughts:

Nichole M Sunday, March 23, 2008 11:23:00 PM  

That dress is *smokin*! Woah! You guys are gonna look awesome. Now, you've got a year... I've got some *great* shoulder exercises for you! Don't worry, they're not a variation on the push up. ;-)

Love the Easter theme!

Sparkling Red Monday, March 24, 2008 6:54:00 AM  

In 1980 I wore a dress to my aunt's wedding much like your 1985 dress, with the big ruffle at the neck. What was with the ruffles? The only people who wear a ruff at their neck in this day and age are clowns. :-p

Debi Monday, March 24, 2008 7:06:00 AM  

Oh my gosh, that dress is gorgeous!

I let my bridesmaids pick their own dresses...wasn't I sweet? :)

*~*Michelle*~* Monday, March 24, 2008 8:31:00 AM  

Pretty swanky frock there, my friend! =) Swanky indeed!

kreed Monday, March 24, 2008 10:01:00 AM  

Love the dress flashbacks! Gotta love the 80s and the ruffles! You lucjked out with this one - that's a good looking dress!

Anonymous,  Monday, March 24, 2008 11:11:00 AM  

I hope you catch the bouquet :)

Anonymous,  Monday, March 24, 2008 1:48:00 PM  

I picked chocolate brown for my girls. I figured it would be the most neutral/flattering on all the different skin and body types!
I LOVE that pretty dress you're wearing in your friend's wedding!!

Anonymous,  Monday, March 24, 2008 4:08:00 PM  

LOVE the flashbacks... wowsa ... is all i got to say to a few of them... love the pink one.

I had Black with white accents for my wedding... Classic simple designs.

Brian in Oxford Monday, March 24, 2008 6:15:00 PM  

There's no hair,
like BIG hair
Like NO hair, I know....

Where's Ethel Merman when we need her?

:)

Jeanne Monday, March 24, 2008 9:31:00 PM  

I think you have a winner this time.

gail@more than a song Tuesday, March 25, 2008 7:53:00 AM  

That dress is great! I love that one and I bet you'll love it too.
Fun old shots too; you've had quite a few weddings you've been in!

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, March 26, 2008 12:08:00 PM  

Nichole: Isn't it a great dress? And I am loving my Easter/Spring theme. It's so cheerful! =)

Sparkling Red: Just another case proving why it is a mistake for *all* fashions to come back into fashion, don't you think?

Debi: You are always sweet, no doubt about it! =)

Michelle: You know why I love you? You use words like "swanky". LOL!

kreed: Nothing like sharing some old photos to make my faithful few laugh! ;-)

Caroline: I suspect she's going to aim for me, especially because her sister (maid of honor) is too young to get married still. ;-)

April: I think you made a good choice with that!! And brown is wearable for other events too! Unlike peach & aqua & that floral thing I had to wear. =P

Keri: That's another very good idea using B&W! As for the flashback photos... yeah... those were some dresses huh? LOL!

Brian: And oh did I rock the big hair. And the big glasses. ::shakes head::

Ted: Yep! I was little once! And cute! =)

Gail: All family! Once as a flower girl. Once as a junior bridesmaid. And twice as a bridesmaid. This is the only non-family wedding! And probably will be the only one. Unless I am forgetting someone, she is my last unmarried friend. And now the cheese stands alone. =P

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP