Monday, March 17, 2008

Sing Along: March 17, 2008

Remember when
Old ones died
And new were born
Life was changed,
Disassembled, rearranged
We came together,
Fell apart
And broke each other's hearts
Remember when

...
Brought back the love,
We found trust
Vowed we'd never give it up
Remember when

Remember when
Thirty seemed so old
Now lookin' back
It's just a stepping stone
To where we are,
Where we've been
Said we'd do it all again
Remember when

("Remember When," Alan Jackson)

9 with their own thoughts:

Ted D Monday, March 17, 2008 10:43:00 PM  

Dawn,

This song is the soundtrack to my life.

Nice pick.

~**Dawn**~ Monday, March 17, 2008 10:56:00 PM  

It really is a fantastic song, isn't it, Ted? =)

Ted D Monday, March 17, 2008 11:01:00 PM  

Yes it is, Dawn.

Especially the part about the "little feet".

Hits close to home for sure.

~**Dawn**~ Monday, March 17, 2008 11:03:00 PM  

There must be some days those "sounds of little feet" make you wonder if you fathered centipedes. Or a heard of elephants. I wonder how children's sound-to-size ratio can be *so* disproportionate!

Ted D Monday, March 17, 2008 11:09:00 PM  

Elephants.

No doubt about it.

gail@more than a song Monday, March 17, 2008 11:40:00 PM  

Oh this song always makes me teary, or cry! And Stacy tells me she thinks of me when she hears it, she loves this song.....I wonder if I should be offended that it reminds her of me! Maybe she's insinuating that I'm old!

~**Dawn**~ Monday, March 17, 2008 11:59:00 PM  

Gail: LOL! I am sure it isn't that! It's just the story of a happy love-filled life. =)

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Tuesday, March 18, 2008 3:21:00 PM  

I love this song! Especially the part about remembering when 30 seemed so old. Now, looking back, it seems so young!

My silly sister doesn't get it. It's the part about little feet, and them growing up and flying out of the nest that makes me think of her. Silly Gail.

:)

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, March 19, 2008 11:55:00 AM  

Stacy: That was immediately what *I* thought you meant! =)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP