Tuesday, March 11, 2008

seven riveting facts about me

another tag from Amy and i am supposed to tag seven people. you've probably learned by now that i don't directly tag people as a rule, mostly because i am not sure who has already played along, but please feel free to consider yourself tagged if you want to be!

1. i cannot sleep if my feet are hot.

2. as well as i can spell, i *never* spell the word "exaggerated" right on the first try.

3. my biggest dislike about flying is turbulence, but i am not afraid of it so much as it makes me feel kind of ill -- same concept of amusement park rides that drop. my biggest *fear* about flying is that they will lose my luggage. i never check my luggage if i can at all help it.

4. i used to love bananas. one day, i peeled a banana to eat it & the smell turned my stomach. i have not eaten a banana since. my Gram was allergic to bananas. the same thing happened to her, except that she attempted to still eat the banana, even after its smell revolted her. turns out that was not a good plan. i decided to learn from her lesson & listen to my body. i may have an allergy or it may just be an aversion, and i am perfectly ok not knowing which it is.

5. i don't eat bagels because they sit in my stomach like bricks.

6. i cannot stand for my hands to be even the tiniest bit dry.

7. vampires scare the bejeezus out of me. i watched the old original black & white Dracula movie when i was about seven years old. it was around Halloween, and we had made these bats in art class that were hung off a string. mine was hanging off the frame of my canopy bed. i got into bed that night & stared at that bat, completely freaked out, for a couple of hours. i finally made my dad come in & take it down, and refused to go to sleep until he did so. i was convinced if i took my eyes off it, it would turn into a vampire. to this day, i do not like *anything* related to vampires.

15 with their own thoughts:

Anonymous,  Wednesday, March 12, 2008 9:12:00 AM  

15 years or so ago, I was flying back from Florida (went to Disney with an ex :) and we had turbulence about 20 minutes after takeoff. It was awful - The plane dropped quite a bit in the air and the lights went dark. I couldn't believe that it had to happen the first time in my life that I was flying!

It was also funny that I just made a point to make a banana bar recipe (from SugarPlumSweets) and immediately after read that you don't like bananas.

What kind of hand cream do you use?- I use Neutrogena :)

Colleen Wednesday, March 12, 2008 11:43:00 AM  

You crazy! I lvoe the whole vampire story. I totally relate. I stupidly watched many a horror movie as a kid, behind my parents back and was so dreadfully scared to go to sleep for years!

Also... I love bagels, but kinda feel heavy in my stomach too. But nothing feels as heavy as pancakes or french toast, which I love, but just can't handle the weight!

Janet Wednesday, March 12, 2008 4:05:00 PM  

1. check
4. check
5. check
6. check

7. Good, more for me!!!

Ted D Wednesday, March 12, 2008 6:35:00 PM  

//i cannot stand for my hands to be even the tiniest bit dry.//

Dawn, my hands get so chapped and dry in the winter they'll bleed sometimes.

I can't STAND to have lotion on me, anywhere. Makes me feel like I bathed in baby oil or something.

Nichole M Wednesday, March 12, 2008 7:25:00 PM  

1. I can't sleep if my feet are *cold*!

3. I hate turbulance, too. I know there has never been a plane crash caused by it, but it still freaks me out.

6. How did you keep your hands soft when you were working daycare? I never want to put lotion on during the day, because probably no less than 2 minutes later, I'm going to be washing them... again.

7. Was that the Dracula with Bela Lugosi? We saw the original Nosferatu silent vampire movie *with* orchestral accompaniment. It was the coolest thing ever. And the special effects were so bad people laughed.

Lisa-tastrophies Wednesday, March 12, 2008 10:15:00 PM  

Giggles. :-) #7 would have to be the flying monkeys from the Wizard of Oz. Seriously! A 5 foot tall flying monkey to a four year old is just scary as all get out. Still can't watch that movie all the way through!

Ingrid Thursday, March 13, 2008 12:55:00 AM  

I'm glad Caroline asked about the hand cream! That was the first thing that popped into my head but I couldn't bring myself to ask about it for some reason.

I can't imagine life without bagels. They're such a nice little plate for the pound of cream cheese I put on them.

Anonymous,  Thursday, March 13, 2008 7:03:00 AM  

I'm with you on the cream cheese Ingrid :D

Amy Thursday, March 13, 2008 8:12:00 AM  

Ditto on the cold feet and the turbulence. Wow, cold feet during turbulence would be really bad. :)

gail@more than a song Thursday, March 13, 2008 9:14:00 AM  

Oh yeah, I don't like for my feet to be hot either!

Lisa Carroll Thursday, March 13, 2008 2:32:00 PM  

Oh my gosh, this is SO creepy...

Ok... so you know that I haven't been blog hopping for the last few days, right? Well, a couple days ago, I got tagged by someone, too. And I SWEAR to you, in my tag, I talk about bananas and horror movies! Holy crap! LOL How weird. OK, just had to tell ya, LOL.

I even tagged you, too, but I have since pulled your name from the tagg-ie list since I see now that you've already been tagged. ROFL

I'm still shaking my head...... LOL WEIRD!

Chele76 Friday, March 14, 2008 7:38:00 AM  

*mental note*

No Ann Rice books for Dawn!

kreed Friday, March 14, 2008 8:08:00 PM  

I watched Salem's Lot when I was way too young...vampires still freak me out, too!

~**Dawn**~ Monday, March 17, 2008 11:27:00 PM  

Caroline: Bleh. I hate that dropping feeling. Almost as much as bananas. They both make my stomach lurch. =P I usually use Bath & Body Works lotion in Vanilla Bean Noel. Yum.

Steph: Isn't that the worst? If my feet are cold, I can add more layers, but when they are hot, the most I can do is kick off the covers & if that doesn't work, I am doomed.

Colleen: Pancakes & french toast are heavy for me too. But the bagel is worst.

Janet: You can have my share of vampires!

Ted: Mine were that dry when I did daycare. I once walked into the grocery store after work, and just the act of coming into the warm air from the cold made the backs of my hands crack before my eyes & start to bleed. My hands never felt greasy from lotion because they would suck it up as fast as I put it on!

Nichole: I can't remember what Dracula it was. Just that it was black & white... I used a ton of hand lotion when I did daycare. All I did was wash my hands, but they told us that the lotion served two purposes for us: 1) the germs would stick to it & just wash away with it when we washed our hands and 2) the layer of lotion protected our skin from all the washing even though it was being washed off & had to be reapplied. I was skeptical but it worked!

Lisa-tastrophies: I used to be scared of the trees that threw apples!!

Ingrid: You couldn't ask about what hand cream I use?? LOL! I love cream cheese but the bagel just isn't worth it to me to feel like I am dragging a brick around in my gut afterward.

Amy: Which is why I travel with my own (clean & unused by strangers!) blanket!

Lisa: OMG did we find two ways that we are NOT the same?? LOL

Chele: Are those the Twilight books by chance?

kreed: I am glad I am not the only one still haunted by a childhood fear!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP