Sunday, March 25, 2007

a perfect day

i know this will come as a shock to some, but i didn't take a ton of photos yesterday. the crowds were actually moderate to light, so i spent time enjoying the attractions & less time with camera in hand. i decided to suck it up & wait for Soarin'. then wandered over to Magic Kingdom & rode the train around the park, went in the Haunted Mansion, and, on a whim, jumped on Cinderella's Golden Carrousel. by then my Fast Pass for Buzz Lightyear was ready. when i walked out of there, i noticed that the new Monsters Inc show was open, so i checked it out. can't speak for anyone else, but it made *me* giggle. when i got out of there, it was almost dark & the SpectroMagic parade was starting so i took advantage of almost no line to ride the Astro Orbiter. i love being up there at night. the park is so pretty all lit up (heights don't bother me) & i love the wind in my face as the rocket spins around. the first photo below was my view while i waited for the ride to start. and then i found a spot to watch the fireworks. and the best part is that the weather was perfect for being in jeans & a t-shirt all day, into the evening. that's right -- *i* didn't even wear a light jacket!! now that's what i call a perfect day. =)



6 with their own thoughts:

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Sunday, March 25, 2007 4:18:00 PM  

Sounds like a wonderful day, and those are some great shots! That last one is awesome :)

Debi Sunday, March 25, 2007 7:41:00 PM  

That sounds like the most perfectly wonderfully relaxing day imaginable! And Stacy's right...those are spectacular shots! Love them both, but that bottom is especially incredible. It's both eerie and enchanting at the same time.
Glad you had such a great time! Hope you're Sunday was fabulous as well!

gail@more than a song Monday, March 26, 2007 9:26:00 AM  

Love that fireworks shot! My camera so won't take those.
And it does sound like a great day, great weather and.....is Soarin' still there? I loved that ride when we were there. Hope we can come back again soon.

Heart of Rachel Monday, March 26, 2007 7:23:00 PM  

Glad you had a wonderful time. I love the fireworks display. Must be breathtaking to see it in person.

I could only imagine and dream of those rides you mentioned. Perhaps, one day I can experience them with my family.

Take care!

Anonymous,  Monday, March 26, 2007 11:58:00 PM  

I so totally don't belive you. I *know* you had your white track jacket with the yellow stripes on it. :-P

*~*Michelle*~* Wednesday, March 28, 2007 5:56:00 PM  

Okay, I am probably the odd man out here, but that Astro Orbiter is freaky. I am glad *you* were able to enjoy the view. When I am up there, I am just worried about falling out!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP