Thursday, March 15, 2007

Dawn's Thursday Thirteen, Edition Twenty-Seven: Grrr...



Thirteen Pet Peeves

i am normally a pretty laidback, happy person, but occasionally a girl must vent...

1) really explicit spam. spam, in & of itself, is annoying, but when it's also vulgar, that really ticks me off.

2) angry people at Disney. or that do nothing but complain. about the crowds. about the weather. about the prices. about the attractions. about the food. GO. HOME. no one is forcing you to be here. if you think it's so terrible, why did you come in the first place?!

3) drivers that wait until the last possible second to pull out in front of you & then drive 4mph.

4) drivers who ignore the fact that their traffic light has been red & mine has been green for at least ten seconds, and just keep coming through the intersection.

5) people who disregard the fact that there are other people ahead of them in line. they just squeeze around the people who are already there, patiently waiting, and weave closer to the front. like they are somehow superior to waiting in line like the rest of us. c'mon folks. we learned this in preschool.

6) groups who walk shoulder-to-shoulder, taking up an entire walkway, with no regard for the people who would like to get around them or walk past them in the opposite direction.

7) drivers who come flying up on me & flash their lights at me, indicating that they want me to move over so they can get by. hello!! i am passing people too. i cannot just move into that lane when there are already cars there. and it's not like i'm dogging it either. i am sorry that you need to travel 103mph, but you're just going to have to wait til i get past the cars to my right before i can move aside to let you endanger more lives further up the highway. continuing to flash your headlights impatiently at me isn't going to make this happen any more quickly.

8) you know when you're at the grocery store & you take a carriage? you know how you stop to check something out? yeah. your carriage doesn't need to be parked in the center of the aisle, making it impossible for anyone else to get by. move your cart off to one side -- preferably the side you're browsing, because it doesn't help when you push it to the side & then stand beside it. that's still blocking the entire aisle. and please don't give me a dirty look when i say "excuse me"!

9) people who feel the need to talk to me while i am on the phone. wait your turn!

10) if i have staked out a spot to watch the fireworks or the parade at Disney, or if i am presently looking over a display at the store, please don't push me out of the way to make room for yourself, which effectively means i no longer *have* a place to stand, or can no longer see what i was looking at.

11) for that matter, if i haven't made it abundantly clear that it is ok to be within my circle of personal space, please don't take it upon yourself to make contact with me. didn't you learn in kindergarten to keep your hands to yourself? i know that there are times when a close crowd is unavoidable, but that doesn't mean you need to have your hands anywhere on my person, uninvited.

12) it really drives me crazy when somebody just helps themselves to something on or in my desk. without even asking. especially if i am sitting there.

13) (without casting judgement upon anyone) after four years spent working in daycare, it makes my skin crawl to see a child with a pacifier or a bottle in their mouth when the child has the ability to carry on a completely understandable conversation around said item. i know it's your child & your decision. i'm not going to tell you when it's time to give those things up. but it still drives me insane to see it.

ahhhh... that felt good. back to your regularly bright & shiny Dawn! ;-)

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



11 with their own thoughts:

Anonymous,  Thursday, March 15, 2007 10:21:00 AM  

You know...it might help you feel better if you could just express the things that bother you - LOL! I'm with you on almost all of these!

Chana Thursday, March 15, 2007 10:27:00 AM  

"drivers that wait until the last possible second to pull out in front of you & then drive 4mph."

The above happens all the time here in SC! Drivers here are freakin' crazy!

Enjoyed reading this and listening to the music.

Mine is up too!

Amy Thursday, March 15, 2007 10:33:00 AM  

These are all so incredibly true. And I'm completely with you on the last one. The neighbor girl that we take to the bus is seven and still sucks her thumb. I won't let her do it while she's with me, but oh my lord, you should see her teeth!! Her poor single mom is going to have quite the orthodontic bill!! (read that: they aren't doing the kid any favors by allowing the behavior!!!)

Janet Thursday, March 15, 2007 10:38:00 AM  

I'm glad you got all that off your chest :-)

twiga92 Thursday, March 15, 2007 10:48:00 AM  

So many of those driving ones drive me crazy too! Especially when people pull out in front of me and go sooooo slow. Goodness!

Heart of Rachel Thursday, March 15, 2007 11:32:00 AM  

I posted my pet peeves before and it felt good to let it all out.

I'm sure my husband could relate to your driving pet peeves.

I hate people who squeeze in line and pretend that it's perfectly alright. I don't let something like that pass. I tell them in a polite manner that they have to fall in line like the rest.

Heather Thursday, March 15, 2007 12:23:00 PM  

love the whole post
must add: folks who wait until the very last minute to turn on a turn signal to turn or do not use them at all!

Denise Patrick Thursday, March 15, 2007 12:49:00 PM  

Oh, man. Your #13 touched a nerve. I hate to see a kid walking around with a pacifier hanging out of their mouth like a cigarette and holding a conversation.

My TT is up!

Raggedy Thursday, March 15, 2007 1:06:00 PM  

Great vent. I don't like crowds or traffic. Your post made me thankful that those things are not here.
Terrific Thursday Thirteen!
My TT is posted.
Have a wonderful day!
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

*krystyn* Thursday, March 15, 2007 3:09:00 PM  

I'm SO with you on #8!! That drives me NUTS!!!!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane Friday, March 16, 2007 2:43:00 PM  

Gosh, a whole bunch of these annoy the dickens out of me too. Here's one that would be on my list. You know in a store like the grocery store or Target or whereever, you put your stuff on the conveyor belt then walk up to pay. Say you're standing at the card swipe thing, waiting for them to finish ringing up your stuff and there's someone in line behind you. That's fine, but please, please, please do not come hover off my left elbow, so close I can hear you breathing and wait for me to get my total, sign my name on the card thingie, get my receipt and walk off with my stuff or buggy. I mean, can't you step back a foot or two and not invade my personal space. Why must people come right up on me, to where if I moved my left arm slightly to the left, I'd swat them across the face. Ugh, it makes me nuts!

There - I feel so much better now, LOL!

Great T13!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP