Monday, March 5, 2007

Manic Monday: March 5, 2007



16 days until spring and counting!

What is your favorite part of spring? Your least favorite?
favorite part is March in Florida. the weather is as close to perfect as you can get. perfect being an October day in New England, of course. i digress. March in Florida is warm & sunny, no humidity. good breeze. blue skies. and orange blossoms. my least favorite part of Spring is something i don't have to worry about anymore: mud & slush as winter melts away. nasty.

It's Severe Weather Preparedness Week this week. What's the most severe weather event you've experienced?
that would have to be Hurricanes Charley, Frances & Jeanne back in 2004.

Daylight Savings Time begins next Sunday, three weeks earlier than in previous years. How do you feel about DST? Love it, hate it, couldn't care less?
it matters to me less down here in Florida for some reason. i was always happy up in Connecticut though because it felt like we were finally able to get back outside again.

4 with their own thoughts:

Brian in Oxford Monday, March 05, 2007 11:29:00 AM  

Late daylight in March is going to be weird....

Like, March always has meant residual ice/snow in the driveway, even though the sun was still out at a quarter to 6.

Now, it's going to be 7 o'clock, plenty of daylight, but freakin' cold. It will be incompatible, I fear.

Anonymous,  Monday, March 05, 2007 1:29:00 PM  

I'm envious of your March weather down there- I think I've forgotten what the sun looks like!

I'm with Brian- daylight late in the day in March will be quite odd. Most likely still cold- but light out nonetheless.

Have a great week and thanks for playing along.

Desert Diva Monday, March 05, 2007 4:44:00 PM  

Living in Florida does put you in the line of hurricanes. However, I bet it's beautiful there. Have a great week!

Debi Tuesday, March 06, 2007 7:38:00 AM  

Even though I do love winter, I think I could go for one of your spring Florida days about now. You made it sounds positively delightful!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP