Wednesday, March 7, 2007

alphabet soup

archived this one a *long* time ago when Michelle did it. i'm caught up on my work & a little bored, but don't have much to chatter about. so... you get this.

Accent -- i don't hear it but i'm told i say some words with a Massachuesetts accent & others with a New York (yuck) influence. i guess that comes from being a Connecticut native, stuck smack between the two.

Book I like -- it's a super light read, but "Couplehood" by Paul Reiser always makes me giggle.

Chore I don't care for -- that's probably a tie between mopping & cleaning the shower.

Dog or cat -- i like both. i've had a dog, but not a cat since i was old enough to remember.

Essential electronics -- you can't have just one! i need my computer. and my cell phone. and my digital camera. and my DVR.

Favorite movie -- oh wow... ummmm... i have a bunch: Ocean's Eleven. As Good As It Gets. Serendipity. The Wedding Date. Sweet Home Alabama. Fever Pitch.

Gold or silver -- i like gold ok, but i like silver tones better.

Handbag I carry most often -- hahaha. i don't carry a handbag. sometimes i carry a brown leather purse, but more often than not i just grab my wallet or i tuck what i need into my camera case.

Insomnia -- i don't know what you would consider insomnia. sometimes i have something on my mind that makes it difficult for me to get to sleep. or i can't get my pillows in just the right configuration. but i usually doze off pretty easily. the thing is that i usually require no more than six hours of sleep. once i reach my six hours, i wake right up. so if i am not careful & go to bed too early, i will be up when it's still dark as night outside. it's not unheard of for me to wake up feel refreshed after even less than six hours. lately, i've been waking up after four to five hours & not falling asleep again.

Job title -- "just" the receptionist but you would be surprised what some of my responsibilities include.

Kids -- love 'em. don't have any though.

Living arrangements -- just me. all by herself in an apartment just the right size for one smallish girl.

Most memorable moment/time -- that depends on what you want me to remember.

Naughtiest childhood behavior -- i was a model child. seriously. i never got into trouble for *anything*. i hated disappointing anyone. still do. i think the worst of my behavior was picking on my brother. and maybe some occasional back-talk.

Overnight hospital stay -- only the night i was waiting for my baby brother to be born. other than that, not since *I* was born. ::knocks on wood::

Phobias -- i have my share of fears & strong dislikes, but i don't know that i am actually *phobic* about anything. giant spiders do not thrill me. neither do bats.

Quote -- "We choose pur joys and sorrows long before me experience them." (Kahlil Gibran)

Religion -- Lutheran, Missouri Synod

Siblings -- two brothers. Josh who will be 28 the end of this month. Zach who will be 9 in June.

Time I wake up -- usually between 5:30 and 6am as long as i don't go to bed til midnight.

Unusual talent -- ummm... i can usually think of a song to fit just about any emotional situation? i don't know. i'm just not that interesting! =P

Vegetable I refuse to eat -- not crazy about any that are overcooked. or winter squash of any variety.

Worst habit -- i've been told it's not seeing my own worth...

Xrays -- just teeth. i've had an ultrasound too but that's not an xray.

Yummy stuff I cook (or make) -- stuffed shells. honey mustard chicken. the fish & angel hair i made the other night. ginger pork stir fry.

Zoo animals I like most -- i like the giraffes. and the tigers. and the penguins. but i am really fascinated by gibbons. i watch the family of white-cheeked gibbons at Animal Kingdom sometimes for a half hour!

1 with their own thoughts:

Heart of Rachel Thursday, March 08, 2007 2:07:00 AM  

This seems like a fun and interesting meme. Maybe I'll do it one of these days too.

We have similar taste in movies. I love Serendipity, Sweet Home Alabama and Wedding Date too. I've seen them at the theatre and have DVDs of the first and last one.

I'm a dog lover. I recently hurt my finger when my hand got entangled in my dog's leash. He saw a stray cat walking and got very excited. My finger feels much better now.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP