Monday, June 1, 2009

Snapshot from Along the Broken Road: May 2009

photo of me


1) current candle scents:
both Yankee Candle of course. Cherry Blossom. Good Morning (which, in case you were wondering, smells "like warm breakfast muffins, bright with the aroma of sweet pears, tangy citrus and spicy cardamom" according to the website).

2) what i am currently reading:
i am still reading the same two books. yes, it's taking forever. what can i say? baseball is being played.

3) newest music i added my playlist:
no new tunes. i've got a wish list growing though!

4) movies i saw:
After the Sunset. The Departed.

5) something yummy i made this month:
brownies. from a box. and they were still yummy.

6) the last place i ate out:
Macaroni Grill.

7) something that made me cry:
it's not uncommon that shows like Grey's Anatomy make me tear up, but this month i watched an episode of CSI:NY on my DVR that made me cry. the episode "Yahrzeit" was so sad & powerful. generally speaking, i tend to cringe or get freaked out at more episodes of CSI than become emotionally affected, but this one was absolutely heart wrenching. and yes, then there's Grey's. the last two episodes of the season reduced me to a sobbing sniffling *girl*.

8) something that made me laugh:
the customized video on the second half of Spaceship Earth at Epcot.

9) something i looked forward to this month:
Memorial Day giving me a long weekend.

10) something i am thankful for:
air conditioning.

11) something i want to remember about this month:
it's ok to stand my ground even if it makes some people mad, because i am not a doormat & decisions don't get to be made for me without my say-so.

12) a photo i took this month:

8 with their own thoughts:

Mom! Dude! Monday, June 01, 2009 10:49:00 AM  

quote: it's ok to stand my ground even if it makes some people mad, because i am not a doormat & decisions don't get to be made for me without my say-so.

I like that....a lot...I am going to remember that for myself. Thanks for sharing.

~**Dawn**~ Monday, June 01, 2009 11:05:00 AM  

Momma Moe: It's a lesson I need to be given time & time again, but I'm getting better at it!

Nichole M Monday, June 01, 2009 8:09:00 PM  

1. Was that the one you were afraid would smell like banana?

11. Damn straight!

That picture is great of Papi and Pede. Portrait of contrasts, eh?

Brandi Tuesday, June 02, 2009 6:43:00 AM  

I had to laugh about #2 ~ "still reading the same two books." I've been "reading" 2 books for the longest time as well, for the same reason. :)

Janet Tuesday, June 02, 2009 4:13:00 PM  

Love the shot of you! You look fantastic :-)

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, June 03, 2009 7:39:00 PM  

Nichole: You know, I think that *was* the one I was worried would smell like bananas--it doesn't! ;-) I love that photo of Papi & Pedey. They are so different & yet they seem like such good friends.

Brandi: Just that time of year huh? The games just suck you right in!

Janet: Awww, thank you! ::blushes::

Jeanne Friday, June 05, 2009 6:14:00 PM  

Love the picture of you and that one of Dustin and Papi is great. hehe nice scents you're favoring.

~**Dawn**~ Saturday, June 06, 2009 11:46:00 AM  

Jeanne: Thank you! =) I had such great seats for that Sox game. Apparently you can defeat the crappy lighting if you just sit *on* the field. ;-) You know that I keep Yankee Candle in business singlehandedly right?!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP