Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Grace in Small Things 152:365

1. familiarity.

2. making my friends laugh.

3. speaking of laughter. while watching the Sox-Nationals game, they did a Famous Presidents race. people dressed in costumes of George Washington, Abe Lincoln & i don't even know who else, with these huge heads, which made me laugh til the laughter was silent & there were tears streaming down my face.

4. and speaking of the Sox-Nationals game. two thumbs up for the Nationals announcers. i completely enjoyed their broadcast of the game. entertaining. well-called. and they aren't *so* "homer-ish" (i do expect the home announcers to root for their team but not to the exclusion of acknowledging a great effort by the visiting teams) that they can't praise the opponent for a great play.

5. *and* speaking of great plays. i am loving Nick Green and not just because he isn't Julio Lugo. it's been fantastic to watch him emerge as a short stop & blossom under the opportunity to play every day. the more experience he gets by starting every day, the more times i catch him making plays that drop my jaw. like last night's diving catch, tag of the runner, tumble-spin, and bullet to Youk for the double play.


Visit Grace in Small Things

5 with their own thoughts:

*krystyn* Wednesday, June 24, 2009 8:50:00 AM  

thank you for making me laugh yesterday!! I SO needed it.

Fidgeting Gidget Wednesday, June 24, 2009 11:29:00 AM  

So, how do you feel about the White Sox announcers? I love it when they say, "You can put it on the board................YES! "

Sarah Anne Wednesday, June 24, 2009 3:14:00 PM  

Thank you for reminding me to find things to be grateful for.

Ted D Wednesday, June 24, 2009 9:29:00 PM  

Dawn, you didn't think Rob Dibble was completely hating on the Red Sox? His disdain over Papi hitting that home run was palpable, at least to me.

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, June 24, 2009 10:03:00 PM  

K: Anytime! ;-)

Fidgeting Gidget: Hawk kind of reminds me a little of John Madden. Sometimes I think he just talks & doesn't actually listen to himself. ;-)

Georgie: It's a good habit to get into! =)

Ted: You think so? I haven't heard anything but respect & admiration both nights. I think they've been very fair & offered quite a bit of praise. I don't expect them to root for the Sox though. If I were them I wouldn't be thrilled with that homer either. ;-)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP