Saturday, June 20, 2009

Grace in Small Things 149:365

1. light crowds at Disney World today.

2. a Dole Whip--the perfect refreshing treat on a hot day.


3. getting a seat in the top row for Soarin'.

4. a nice cool shower after being outside in the Florida heat.

5. the standing ovation the Fenway crowd gave old friend Derek Lowe tonight when he came back to pitch for the first time on a visiting team.


Visit Grace in Small Things

6 with their own thoughts:

JW.BW Sunday, June 21, 2009 8:42:00 AM  

That dole whip looks like heaven!!! Super Yummy!! Love your blog, its sooo important to be thankful for the little things. Some days its really all we have...

Anna Kauz Sunday, June 21, 2009 1:15:00 PM  

I hope you had a great time at Disney and got some good pictures!! I'm glad you got that seat at Soarin' too I love that ride :).

~**Dawn**~ Sunday, June 21, 2009 5:57:00 PM  

JW.BW: Thanks. Glad you stopped by. =) The biggest problem with the daily Grace posts is that sometimes I have a hard time coming up with other posts!

Anna: I did! I hope you did too! Which park did you end up going to? I started at Epcot & then jumped over to Magic Kingdom for a few more photo ideas & a Dole Whip. ;-)

Nichole M Tuesday, June 23, 2009 2:29:00 PM  

It must have been *hot* because it looks like it's already melting!!

Anna Kauz Wednesday, June 24, 2009 2:54:00 PM  

We went to Magic Kingdom, Phil had never been, so I thought that would be best. Our plan is Epcot next time around :). So this may sound stupid, but what is a Dole Whip and where did you get it?? It looks delicious!

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, June 24, 2009 9:43:00 PM  

Nichole: It was! I had to rescue a drip before snapping the photo! Couldn't be wasting even a tiny bit of that goodness. ;-)

Anna: I love Epcot! If you are an adventurous eater, you *have* to get to Food & Wine Festival at Epcot in the fall. OMG so yummy. Did you guys get Annual Passes or are you just taking advantage of the FL Resident discounts? A Dole Whip is a soft serve bit of heaven. You can either get it the "original" way--straight pineapple--which is the only way they sell it at DisneyLAND or you can get it the way I do which is pineapple-vanilla swirl, which tastes like a pineapple version of a creamsicle. And then you can choose a cup like I did or you can get it float-style over pineapple juice. I just like my swirl in a cup though. Best $3 treat in the whole place *especially* on a hot Summer day. So refreshing! You can only get them in Magic Kingdom, in Adventureland, at a place called Aloha Isle just across from the Swiss Family Tree House.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP