Saturday, June 20, 2009

ask me.

K did a couple of posts on her blog where she had some other bloggers ask her five questions. the basic idea is to answer the questions posed to you & then offer to ask five questions of any of your own readers who put in a request via comment. it's a fun way to share a few tidbits about yourself that you might not have already covered on your own--and in K's case, this came as a bit of a challenge since she's been reading almost as long as i've been blogging, in addition to chatting via email!

1. If you could break any law for 1 day without consequences what would it be?
oh wow... i am *so* not a rule-breaker! hmmmm... i think maybe i would have to kidnap Mike Lowell for the day. ;-)

2. What is your favorite place in the world and why?
i bet this will come as a shock, because you're probably expecting me to say something like "Disney World" or "Fenway Park," but my favorite place in the world is my home. it is my refuge. no matter how wonderful my day is, i always look forward to coming home at the end of it & being in my own comfortable, peaceful space.

3. If you could spend one day with someone BESIDES YOUR GRANDMA (because I am certain that would be your answer), past or present, who would it be?
well, since i already kidnapped Mike Lowell for a day... (and yes, you know me *way* too well by eliminating Gram!) i think i would like to spend the day with my Gram's mother. i would love to hear some of the stories she could share about my Gram as a little girl, as well as her own experiences as a woman of that generation & in that time. i am fascinated by history and also by my personal family history and there is something to be said for hearing the stories that make up who we are before we were even here.

4. What was high school like for you? Were you geek, jock, loner, burn out or other?
oh boy. LOL! i was *such* a nerd. i loved my English & history classes--i even took Advanced Vocab as an elective! i hated anything to do with math or science, though, with a passion. i was really active in the music department (played flute & piccolo in concert and marching band, sang in concert choir, and was stage manager in the drama club). i was super quiet; after going to a small Lutheran school through eighth grade (my graduating class was 16 kids!), i was a little shell-shocked when i arrived in a public high school where there were more kids in my homeroom than in my entire class the previous year! i'm pretty sure i said about a dozen words my first three years combined, though i did finally start to warm up a bit by senior year. much like now, my circle of friends was small--quality over quantity!--but i could get along with almost anyone. if i had any "enemies," i was blissfully unaware.

5. If you had $100 that you had to spend within 1 hour, what would you buy - and it can't be baseball tickets, because I said so and I make the rules - right now anyway.
i would hop online & get myself a Jon Lester jersey. (what?? you said no *tickets*. i complied!) and that's only because i wouldn't be able to make it into a Disney park within the set time limit. ;-)

3 with their own thoughts:

*krystyn* Sunday, June 21, 2009 8:54:00 AM  

Awesome answers. I enjoyed reading this. I agree on the family history piece. I was really motivated to look more into mine when I had to write a paper last semester about my heritage. I would love to know more though.

Anna Kauz Sunday, June 21, 2009 1:18:00 PM  

That is really interesting about your Lutheran School. I went to a Lutheran school for a while, with a population of 300 for K-8, and then we moved and I went from that to a middle school for 6-7 grades with 1500 kids!! I hear you on the shell shock!

~**Dawn**~ Sunday, June 21, 2009 5:54:00 PM  

K: You asked some really good questions! Actually made me think but not so hard I couldn't come up with an answer. ;-)

Anna: It's crazy, isn't it? I had never seen so many kids in one place!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP