Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Grace in Small Things 153:365

1. my new phone arrived! which is good because i am not sure how much longer my old one was going to hang on.

2. an overcast morning. the heat & humidity are so much easier to handle when you don't have the sun beating down on you. it's also so nice not to have to squint so early in the day.

3. chocolate cake. birthdays at work are a good thing.

4. i am really truly genuinely happy. i am so lucky & i know it.

5. "And I Thought I Loved You Then," by Brad Paisley. i'm going to need to get this song.


Visit Grace in Small Things

7 with their own thoughts:

Rachel Thursday, June 25, 2009 8:12:00 AM  

Yay for new phones! There's just something about getting a new cell phone!!

Also glad to hear that you are in an awesome mood! :)

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, June 25, 2009 8:22:00 AM  

Rachel: The only downfall is that now I have to reprogram my brain! The phones are very similar but not identical so some of the programmed keys are not what they used to be! I keep hitting things I don't mean to.

Fidgeting Gidget Thursday, June 25, 2009 9:01:00 AM  

Good luck learning your new phone! It's hard to reprogram your brain, I agree.

Also, the Brad Paisley song is one of his best....I love him.

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, June 25, 2009 10:00:00 AM  

Fidegeting Gidget: Somehow he just manages to catch the real essence of pure simple love. That song just makes me smile. =)

giuseppina Thursday, June 25, 2009 1:47:00 PM  

teach me how to be content and happy! please...

giuseppina Thursday, June 25, 2009 2:02:00 PM  

went to disney yesterday. totally thought of you :)

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, June 25, 2009 2:32:00 PM  

Giuseppina: I am synonymous with all things Disney. =) I love your version as much as my own!

Wow... how to be content & happy. I don't promise to be as wise as I appear. ;-) Truthfully, for me, it involved a lot of introspection. I learned to let go of the things I could not change. I learned to close my eyes & breathe. I learned to listen to myself, to my gut, to figure out what I needed--and I didn't let anyone else define it for me. I learned to let myself feel what I needed to feel, but to *not* allow myself to wallow in it for too long. I learned the healing & cleansing qualities of a good cry--and also of a good laugh. I learned when I needed to be by myself & when I needed to be social, to talk when I needed to talk & to be quiet when I needed to be quiet--and I respected my need for both. I learned that I am a better, more peaceful & centered person when I go to church regularly. And I have a Bible verse that I repeat to myself when I feel the slightest bit of inner turmoil creeping up on me: "Be still and know that I am God." Something about that calms me. It took me a solid two years from my Turning Point to get myself truly at peace...but once I did, I realized one day that I felt so much lighter. Happy & content. =)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP