Sunday, June 7, 2009

still.

it's late. i should go to bed. i know i should.

but i can't seem to get up.

i don't want to shut the windows, to shut out the cool breeze that keeps passing over me. hearing the crickets & feeling the Summer night air. peaceful. refreshing.

i don't want to shut off the steady stream of what would be half-formed thoughts to anyone else, but inside my own mind, i know what they all are without drawing them out of the abstract by giving them voice. the same thoughts that always swirl through my mind after i shut off one of my most favorite movies, one that touches me deep in my soul. stirring up these thoughts.

i am content. content to sit here. content to let thoughts dance aimlessly through my mind.

it's been so long since i could listen to my own thoughts & be still. as still as the night outside my window. quiet & at rest & peaceful.

i am finally... *finally* still.

7 with their own thoughts:

Sarah Anne Sunday, June 07, 2009 1:55:00 PM  

Beautiful. I can feel the stillness, too. It's wonderful, isn't it?

Reverend Ref + Monday, June 08, 2009 10:04:00 AM  

i don't want to shut the windows, to shut out the cool breeze that keeps passing over me. hearing the crickets & feeling the Summer night air. peaceful. refreshing.


That sounds lovely. Especially since it snowed here on Sunday.

~**Dawn**~ Monday, June 08, 2009 11:54:00 AM  

Georgie: Yes it is. Early morning & late night are my fvaorite times of day for that very reason.

Rev: Good grief! You know it's almost Summer right?!

Reverend Ref + Monday, June 08, 2009 1:24:00 PM  

Yeah . . . I know.

Welcome to Montana.

Mollie (aka Mimi) Monday, June 08, 2009 5:16:00 PM  

I wish I had a cool breeze every once in awhile! I'm in South Texas and it is pretty hot already without any sign of relief.

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, June 10, 2009 10:40:00 AM  

Rev: I think I'm good right where I am. ;-)

Mollie: This was definitely a much-appreciated exception to the rule. It's been pretty hot, humid & nasty here in FL too. How much longer til late Autumn again?

Janet: Indeed. =)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP