Monday, June 1, 2009

Slice of Life: June 1, 2009

The Great BIRD Feeder Faceoff
Squirrels 472 Dawn 0


disclaimer: forgive the lack of photo quality. i was spying through the blinds to get this shot.

7 with their own thoughts:

*krystyn* Monday, June 01, 2009 2:48:00 PM  

bwahahaha - love the picture. looks like the squirrel lost.

love the new banner too - so Florida-ish!!

Brandi Tuesday, June 02, 2009 6:47:00 AM  

Too funny! Squirrels crack me up, especially when I'm walking my dogs -- who HATE squirrels. It's funny to watch a German Shepherd get all riled up over a cute little squirrel who conveniently decides to do back flips right as we're walking by!

I like the new header photo! Is that from WDW, or somewhere else?

*krystyn* Tuesday, June 02, 2009 10:50:00 AM  

i've looked @ this picture 3 times now and FINALLY saw the squirrel INSIDE the feeder. I think I better get an eye exam.

That's hilarious!

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, June 03, 2009 7:27:00 PM  

K: LOL!! No worries. One wouldn't normally look *in* the feeder for the squirell. =P Thank you for the kind words on the new banner! I wanted something a little more Summer-y & all my palm tree photos are vertical & won't work!

Brandi: Those cheeky little squirrels are nothing but troublemakers! The photo is from Disney's Boardwalk; it's the Yacht Club resort hotel!

gail@more than a song Wednesday, June 03, 2009 10:36:00 PM  

I have that bird feeder, well HAD it! The squirrels tore it up and spilled a ton of seed out of it....I'm not a fan of the squirrel! Now I have squirrel proof feeders.

I love vacuum lines on the carpet! (I know that technically belongs on the post above)

~**Dawn**~ Wednesday, June 03, 2009 10:41:00 PM  

Gail: Exchanged the string for wire & then a little clamp right over the lid keeps them from getting in. ;-) Adjustments have been made that have kept them mostly unsuccessful since this photo was taken. Nothing like a good challenge!

gail@more than a song Monday, June 08, 2009 9:49:00 AM  

Don did put wire in it for me, never thought to use a clamp! But my daughter gave me a squirrel proof feeder for that spot so I sort of retired this one...might try it out again elsewhere later!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP