Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Grace in Small Things 139:365

let's call this the commute edition!

1. now that school is out for the Summer, my morning commute is so much easier with the lighter traffic.

2. i love that i have friends who won't bat an eye when i ask them to text me in ten minutes, reminding me to stop at CVS on the way home, after i've driven straight home on autopilot the last two days, forgetting to stop.

3. it's such a relief when the sun goes behind a cloud & i can drive home without squinting into the glare.

4. when the iPod picks good songs & i don't have to skip a single one that i'm just not in the mood to listen to.

5. singing along to "Sweet Surrender" (Sarah McLachlan) at the top of my lungs--and on your Grace list could be that you weren't there to hear *that* little treat. ;-)
It doesn't mean much
It doesn't mean anything at all
The life I've left behind me
Is a cold room
I've crossed the last line
From where I can't return
Where every step
I took in faith
Betrayed me...


Visit Grace in Small Things

6 with their own thoughts:

jenny Thursday, June 11, 2009 8:09:00 AM  

Number 2 is excellent. It's such a crappy feeling to get home and 1. promise yourself you'll stop tomorrow or 2. have to go back out.

The value of a good friend with a well timed text? Priceless. :)

*krystyn* Thursday, June 11, 2009 3:21:00 PM  

CVS texting reminder: LOL! :)

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, June 11, 2009 3:26:00 PM  

Jenny: And then you forget AGAIN tomorrow!! The value of that friend is immeasurable!

~**Dawn**~ Thursday, June 11, 2009 3:28:00 PM  

K13: And you, my friend, rock for humoring me. ;-)

Valerie Friday, June 12, 2009 10:22:00 AM  

It's amazing how much of a difference there is in traffic when school is out! I love it!!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP