Wednesday, February 7, 2007

while i was away...

there was a special day that needs to be remembered. February 4.

the year my Gram was born, there was a blizzard on February 4. the doctor couldn't make it to the house because they lived on the top of a hill. her father had to deliver her. every year that my Gram was alive, there would be a storm on her birthday (sometimes it came the day before or after) -- snow or ice or rain during the warmer winters. the first year after she passed away, February 4 was cold but clear & sunny...

my Gram would have been 90. there isn't a day that goes by that i don't miss her...

4 with their own thoughts:

Anonymous,  Thursday, February 08, 2007 6:37:00 AM  

how coo, about the snow. (hugs) i miss my grandmas EVERY SINGLE DAY

Chele76 Thursday, February 08, 2007 9:21:00 AM  

That story actually gave me *tingles*

hug

Anonymous,  Thursday, February 08, 2007 7:10:00 PM  

{hug} Wish I could have met her... she sounded like a very special lady.

Anonymous,  Friday, February 09, 2007 10:39:00 PM  

I miss them both every single day too. Kas's laments she never had the chance to meet them. If I can be half the Christian, parent, and grandparent those two people were I will have done something if I ahve done nothing else.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP