Friday, February 23, 2007

And I Quote: February 23, 2007 -- part two


last night's Grey's just blew me away. i think it's because, even though every one else is sick of Meredith, i get her. i understand what they are doing with her character. not the part about being a doctor, the emotions.

Meredith: Miracles happen every day... just not always when we need them to happen.

i know she was talking about in medicine, but... it applies on a much broader scope too...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Denny: Meredith. You drowned in Elliot Bay.
Meredith: Yeah. That sucked.

something about the way she said this...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Izzie: She's going to be ok.
George: Sometimes you're wrong.

Izzie: She's going to survive. She's going to survive. She's going to survive. She's going to survive. She's going to survive.

this scene was really powerful to me, in a subtle way. Izzie needing to believe. making herself believe it by willing it so, by telling herself it would happen. how many times have i done this...?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Dylan (the bomb squad guy that died in an episode from a previous season): The way I see it, it doesn't matter how you got here. You're in this thing or you're not. There's no in between.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Derek: You broke her. You called her ordinary. You told her time and time again that nothing she ever does is good enough.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Meredith: I was swimming. I was fighting. And then I thought -- just for a split second, I thought, what's the point? And then I let go. I stopped fighting. Don't tell anybody.

i'm just going to let that one speak for itself. make it a metaphorical situation & not a literal one... and i get it...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Denny: That's all you get. That's it. Moments with the people you love. And then they move on. And you'll want them to move on. Still, Meredith, that is all you get. Moments...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Izzie: I can't lie about how I feel.
George: Actually, you can. People lie all the time. They hold their tongues and they wait. You should hold your tongue. Because if I'm not making a mistake, you're going to look like a jerk. And if I am, I'm going to need you. I need you and you keep taking that away.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Cristina: Your brain works, ok? So all you need to do is a form a word. Please.
Meredith: Ouch.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Addison: We never had that. He never felt that way about me...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Meredith: We take our miracles where we find them. We reach across the gap and sometimes... against all odds... against all logic... we touch.

1 with their own thoughts:

Anonymous,  Friday, February 23, 2007 7:54:00 PM  

Please don't stop fighting, Dawn. Keep making yourself believe. Because someday someone will fell that way about you.

Reading this made me sad.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP