Monday, February 26, 2007

complete with hot & cold running chills


all photos from the Boston Globe

oh, sweet happiness. does it get any better than this? i think not. unless you can find me a photo that has Tek in it too...


anyone suppose that Manny (who was not "supposed" to be at Spring Training until March 1 & was receiving a lot of criticism, but showed up ready to work this morning) was just playing a good game of "Gotcha!" with the media?


*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"I'd love to tell you I look like Gabe Kapler with my shirt off, I don't. However I weigh 243 pounds right now, which is exactly 2 pounds under what I weighed in at at season's end last year. The clothes make me look fat..." (Curt Schilling) -- ok seriously. i can't read that with a straight face, but i really didn't need a shirtless mental image of Schill. because Gabe Kapler, he is not.

if that didn't chill you to your very core, then the threat of this might do the trick! please start praying for an unbelievably healthy rotation of starting pitchers, because i am not sure my fragile psyche can handle another round of *that* on the mound. really. haul out the big guns for this, because i am reading some things that are already getting me nervous. like "Mike Timlin had to cut short his BP session after 10 pitches or so when struck by either a cramp or spasm. He came in for heat, ice and a rub and said he'll have to wait to see if he will make his scheduled exhibition debut Wednesday. Timlin is the second reliever to come up with a back problem early, joining Craig Hansen, who will take it slow for a few days after sustaining a slight strain." (Extra Bases) that doesn't really put a girl's mind at ease, you know? insinuations that The Skittish One wants to make a comeback is the last thing i need to be hearing.

2 with their own thoughts:

Anonymous,  Wednesday, February 28, 2007 11:42:00 AM  

I think I vomited a little in my mouth at the thought of a shirtless Schill. :-P

My first thought about pitchers' woes is "Please, no. not again." Calm down, Nichole. This is just spring training. This is where it's *okay* this kind of thing happens.

Any news on the World Baseball Classic? Please tell me our boys aren't going to be losing precious time away from spring training for that nonsense?

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP