Sunday, May 27, 2007

little bits of happy: May 27, 2007

...a summer salad that reminds me of my Gram

super simple. a red tomato cut into thick slices. a yellow tomato cut into thick slices. a sliced cucumber. some thinly sliced red onion. a little bit of fresh basil. some balsamic vinaigrette. layer tomatoes on a plate. add cucumbers, then onion. sprinkle basil. drizzle dressing over entire salad. place in refrigerator to cool & marinate while you cook dinner. serve.

7 with their own thoughts:

gail@more than a song Monday, May 28, 2007 1:00:00 AM  

Ooh I wish I could come eat that with you, it looks so good!
I know there are yellow tomatoes but have never seen them in any stores in my town, bummer.

Heather Monday, May 28, 2007 12:57:00 PM  

yummy. speaking of salads. i made the zesty potato salad again!

kreed Monday, May 28, 2007 1:00:00 PM  

I am coming to your house for dinner! That and a trip to Disney!

Anonymous,  Monday, May 28, 2007 5:29:00 PM  

Mmmmm, that looks *so* good. I tried to do my tricolor pasta salad the other day but the only pasta the store had was not very good. It disintegrated some in cooking. :-P There is nothing better than pasta salad with Italian dressing in the summer, except maybe tomato sandwiches on rye or sourdough with mayo and a pinch of kosher salt.

Heart of Rachel Monday, May 28, 2007 9:14:00 PM  

It's a healthy and colorful salad. I like it 'coz it's easy to do even for me. Thanks for sharing.

Brian in Oxford Tuesday, May 29, 2007 10:38:00 AM  

What about the Cool Whip on THIS?

melissa Friday, June 01, 2007 10:01:00 AM  

This looks delish - I love tomato salads. I am about to post some of my favorite salads on my blog :)

BTW - I love you music choices!!

mcc

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP